Bolingbrook Police Sergeant
One of Drew Peterson’s defense attorneys is furious at remarks made by his former co-counsel after he was fired from the defense team.
The former Bolingbrook police sergeant will be sentenced Nov. 26 and faces a prison sentence of up to 60 years in the death of Kathleen Savio.
The jurors in the Drew Peterson trial asked the judge what “unanimous” meant Thursday afternoon as they continued their deliberations.
Jurors Thursday will resume weighing whether Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution.
The judge in Drew Peterson’s murder trial handed prosecutors a legal victory Tuesday by giving them the go-ahead to introduce evidence in coming days that the former suburban Chicago police officer sought to hire a hit man to kill his third wife for $25,000.
In a major development in the murder trial of Drew Peterson, the judge has reversed himself and barred the testimony of a hearsay witness.
The man who was dating Kathleen Savio at the time she died testified Friday morning in the Drew Peterson murder trial.
The sister Kathleen Savio – the third wife of Drew Peterson – testified Friday that Peterson told Savio he was going to kill her.
The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial has denied a motion for a mistrial by the defense Thursday, although testimony by a witness the day before made him furious at prosecutors.
The second day of the Drew Peterson murder trial was cut short on Wednesday, when a witness testified about finding a bullet in his driveway — believing Peterson planted it there to intimidate him — and defense attorneys promptly sought a mistrial.
A full jury has been impaneled for the Drew Peterson trial, and opening statements are set to begin next Tuesday.
The trial of the former Bolingbrook police sergeant, who is accused of killing his third wife, has been delayed more than two years as prosecutors and defense attorneys wrangled over evidence that can be allowed in court.
Drew Peterson’s defense team has reportedly included his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, on the witness list – even though she has been missing for nearly five years and is widely believed to be dead.
Days before jury selection is to begin in Drew Peterson’s murder trial, it is still unclear if prosecutors will be able to use the victim’s statements.
Attorneys for accused killer Drew Peterson are trying to find ways to make sure their case does not get sabotaged by jurors using the Internet.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!