A Lemont middle school student who admitted to writing a bomb threat on a wall at Oakwood School will be charged as a juvenile, police said Tuesday, and her actions could result in expulsion and having to make restitution, according to the school’s student handbook.
Police officers and dogs have been searching two suburban schools, after officials found a bomb threat written on one of the buildings.
After shuttering and searching the campus for several hours following a series of bomb threats Wednesday morning, Aurora University administrators deemed the campus safe. Then, they announced they wanted to find the perpetrators.
Aurora University is canceling all day and evening classes because of a bomb threat to the school
A man was arrested in the River North neighborhood this week, after threatening to blow up a CTA bus during the evening rush hour.
Bomb-sniffing dogs searched a Grundy County middle school complex after a threat was found written on a bathroom wall, the Herald-News is reporting.
Students at a northwest suburban high school were sent home Wednesday, after a series of bomb threats were called in to the school.
A Northwest Side man arrested on a terrorism charge just before the May NATO Summit in May pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to four years in prison and deportation.
Three residence halls at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale were evacuated overnight, following a bomb threat.
Emergency crews are on the scene of a possible bomb threat at a suburban movie theater.
A 73-year-old man who claimed to have a “10 megaton bomb” on a Metra train was ordered held on a $50,000 bond on Saturday.
A cruise from Navy Pier was called off Wednesday night, after threatening notes were found saying a bomb was going to blow up onboard.
A flight from Boston to Chicago was diverted to Buffalo, N.Y., Monday morning, after authorities received a bomb threat that turned out to be a hoax tied to a domestic dispute.
A high school in the Englewood neighborhood was briefly evacuated Thursday morning after receiving a bomb threat, but a search turned up no danger.
Truman College, located on the city’s North Side, was evacuated for nearly two hours Monday afternoon after receiving a bomb threat.
Police at Northern Illinois University have issued an “all clear” after responding to a bomb threat at a campus building.
A man on a Metra train Monday night was only trying to ease his fears about a bad dream he had, but the note he passed to the train conductor was mistaken for a bomb threat.
Police said a bomb threat near Ogilvie Transportation Center on Monday was unfounded.
The Blue line subway stop at Jackson Boulevard, and the pedestrian tunnel that connects to the Red Line, have reopened Wednesday afternoon, more than two hours after they were closed due to a suspicious package.
A 19-year-old southwest suburban Lemont woman who told a Willis Tower security officer her companion “had a bomb’’ was arrested Thursday in the Loop, police said.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!