A Lemont middle school student who admitted to writing a bomb threat on a wall at Oakwood School will be charged as a juvenile, police said Tuesday, and her actions could result in expulsion and having to make restitution, according to the school’s student handbook.
Police officers and dogs have been searching two suburban schools, after officials found a bomb threat written on one of the buildings.
After shuttering and searching the campus for several hours following a series of bomb threats Wednesday morning, Aurora University administrators deemed the campus safe. Then, they announced they wanted to find the perpetrators.
Aurora University is canceling all day and evening classes because of a bomb threat to the school
A man was arrested in the River North neighborhood this week, after threatening to blow up a CTA bus during the evening rush hour.
Bomb-sniffing dogs searched a Grundy County middle school complex after a threat was found written on a bathroom wall, the Herald-News is reporting.
Students at a northwest suburban high school were sent home Wednesday, after a series of bomb threats were called in to the school.
A Northwest Side man arrested on a terrorism charge just before the May NATO Summit in May pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to four years in prison and deportation.
Three residence halls at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale were evacuated overnight, following a bomb threat.
Emergency crews are on the scene of a possible bomb threat at a suburban movie theater.
A 73-year-old man who claimed to have a “10 megaton bomb” on a Metra train was ordered held on a $50,000 bond on Saturday.
A cruise from Navy Pier was called off Wednesday night, after threatening notes were found saying a bomb was going to blow up onboard.
A flight from Boston to Chicago was diverted to Buffalo, N.Y., Monday morning, after authorities received a bomb threat that turned out to be a hoax tied to a domestic dispute.
A high school in the Englewood neighborhood was briefly evacuated Thursday morning after receiving a bomb threat, but a search turned up no danger.
Truman College, located on the city’s North Side, was evacuated for nearly two hours Monday afternoon after receiving a bomb threat.
Police at Northern Illinois University have issued an “all clear” after responding to a bomb threat at a campus building.
A man on a Metra train Monday night was only trying to ease his fears about a bad dream he had, but the note he passed to the train conductor was mistaken for a bomb threat.
Police said a bomb threat near Ogilvie Transportation Center on Monday was unfounded.
The Blue line subway stop at Jackson Boulevard, and the pedestrian tunnel that connects to the Red Line, have reopened Wednesday afternoon, more than two hours after they were closed due to a suspicious package.
A 19-year-old southwest suburban Lemont woman who told a Willis Tower security officer her companion “had a bomb’’ was arrested Thursday in the Loop, police said.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!