BP initially paid Brian Cebra $9,400 for an initial round of bad-gas repairs. But then six weeks later when his wife was driving the truck died. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Fire swept through a carwash next to a BP gas station in Naperville on Friday, causing about $300,000 in damage.
BP’s interest in buying land next to its Whiting Refinery has riled up some residents of a small but historic community in Northwest Indiana.
The 2012 presidential campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney will be book-ended by hurricanes.
A suburban family has been trying to get help from BP, after their car was crippled this summer, in the wake of a fuel contamination problem at their refinery in Whiting, Ind.
More than a week after it discovered it had delivered millions of gallons of bad gasoline, customers can search a list of stations that had the contaminated product.
Thieves are getting creative in northwest Indiana, stealing nearly 2,500 gallons of fuel from three gas stations.
Drivers whose vehicles have been affected by bad gas from BP are threatening to take action.
BP said Thursday it has fixed the problem that forced a recall of fuel in Northwest Indiana, the Chicago area, and the Milwaukee area, but has halted sales of premium and midgrade gas in those areas.
The Indiana Attorney General has opened an investigation into BP’s handling of the bad gasoline produced at its Whiting, Ind., refinery and its dealings with motorists whose vehicles were affected.
Another torrent of complaints are expected to cascade into the petroleum giant BP – in the wake of a bad batch of gas that was sold in at least three states.
Mechanical problems could be caused by unleaded regular gasoline that came from the company’s Whiting, Ind. facility between Aug. 13 and 17.
The good news keeps coming when it comes to gas prices.
Workers at the BP refinery in Whiting, Ind., were shocked to find two dead monkeys in a shipping crate Wednesday.
Plaintiffs who sued BP over its refinery in Whiting, Ind., say a $400 million settlement will improve the health of people who live near the plant.
Don’t buy gasoline in my town. That’s the message from the mayor of New Lenox.
There’s one positive side to the turmoil in the financial markets. Experts say gas prices should continue dropping for the next 90 days or so.
Gasoline prices are at record levels in Chicago, and now some drivers are being charged extra just for using a credit card.
It was an exciting year for the Nation and Chicago. Take a look at some of the best and worst memories as we say goodbye to 2010.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!