Lawyers for three Chicago-area men were demanding answers Monday from Northwestern Memorial Hospital, after their frozen sperm was apparently ruined by a malfunctioning storage system, virtually ending their chances of having children of their own.
A local organization helping Chicago-area women cope with breast cancer abruptly shuts its doors — and is filing for bankruptcy.
The deadline is fast approaching for people who want a reserved seat for concerts at the Taste of Chicago, less than a week away.
Three anti-NATO protesters have pleaded not guilty to charges they were planning to use Molotov cocktails to attack Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s home, President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters, and several police stations.
Despite the call for a strike during Monday’s morning rush, many cab drivers were still picking up fares.
Chicago and the company running the city’s parking meters are at odds over a $14.2 million bill.
A son of north suburban Gurnee Mayor Kristina Kovarik was busted for possession of marijuana Thursday night.
Animals at the Brookfield Zoo are getting a little help with staying cool.
There was a big surprise on Wednesday for two little girls at Brookfield Zoo and everybody at a dolphin show got to share it with them.
Under the high court’s 5-3 ruling, police officers in Arizona can still ask everyone they stop or arrest to prove they are in the country legally.
Passengers on the CTA Red Line may want to be more alert, as new research says it’s the line most targeted by criminals.
The Polish Museum of America on the city’s Near West Side is about to get back more than 100 stolen exhibits.
As police and the community continue to search for a delivery truck stolen from a West Pullman food pantry, the pastor who runs the pantry has been speaking out about the theft of the truck he’d bought less than two weeks earlier.
A woman and two teen girls are hospitalized this morning after a hit-and-run car accident Sunday night in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
It turns out a pair of brothers, ages 6 and 9, who were reported missing actually spent the night in the bushes because they didn’t want to clean at home.
A special Illinois House investigative committee has issued a report finding lawmakers have enough evidence to punish state Rep. Derrick Smith, amid allegations he took a $7,000 bribe.
Some North Side residents might have a new garbage day starting Monday.
Oak Park authorities say signs point to arson as the cause of the weekend fire that heavily damaged a gay bar.
As two box office movies tell an age-old story of Snow White — the fairy-tale character gets a new attitude — one that could send different messages to little girls.
Police in northwest Indiana were investigating a murder mystery on Wednesday, but the victim wasn’t a person, it was a racehorse.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!