The NFL allows teams with new head coaches to hold five additional voluntary mini-camp practices prior to the NFL Draft. So why did new Bears head coach Marc Trestman only use three of them?
The Chicago Bears become Marc Trestman’s team during minicamp.
The quarterback from Santa Claus, Indiana just got another Christmas morning.
No team would benefit more from signing Wes Welker than the Chicago Bears.
Brandon Marshall has seen his fair share of change during his seven-year NFL career.
There hasn’t been much reaction from current players, but one of the Bears’ most vocal players did take to Twitter Wednesday to show his support for new Bears head coach Marc Trestman.
Now that the Bears have their new head coach, the attention will quickly shift to the staff Marc Trestman hires.
This is the first in a series where I take a look at some of the top candidates, providing information on their background, strengths, scheme, and what skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute their system. First up is Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
Well, this is never easy. Look, I think you’re a great guy. I do, really. Nine years! That’s a hell of a run. But it’s time.
While the Bears’ offense won’t try to tell you it had a great performance Sunday at Ford Field in a 26-24 win over the Lions, there was one encouraging sign:
Here are my grades following the Bears’ 26-24 win over the Lions Sunday at Ford Field:
Cutler threw for 257 yards and a touchdown and helped seal the game with a late scramble, as the Bears won 26-24 against the Lions on Sunday.
Charles Tillman, Tim Jennings, Henry Melton, Julius Peppers and Brandon Marshall made the NFC squad.
It’s hard not to marvel at Calvin “Megatron” Johnson of the Detroit Lions.
It’s all very strange — the end of a roster at the end of a season, perhaps approaching the end of something more.
Chicago’s defense scored two touchdowns and the Bears beat the Arizona Cardinals 28-13.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as they take on the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.
This is great design by Horton, but without a player like Patrick Peterson it wouldn’t be possible. Peterson doesn’t require safety help over the top.
Brandon Marshall is having a career year for a Bears team with flickering playoff hopes. However, his frustration with the overall production of the offense eats at him.
Brandon Marshall understands he might have offended some people with his demand for accountability following the Chicago Bears’ loss to Green Bay last weekend.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!