Free agent safety Brandon Meriweather has signed a two-year, $6 million deal with the Washington Redskins.
Matt Bowen of The National Football Post and Chicago Tribune said it’s not just Meriweather who needs to change — it’s safeties across the board.
After the NFL took $45,000 out of his paychecks and Lovie Smith took his starting role away, it seems Brandon Meriweather finally understands that he can’t get away with illegal hits.
Apparently, Brandon Meriweather is getting sick of the NFL taking money out his paycheck for illegal hits.
With the Bears 3-3, let’s see what’s on the mind of Bears fans in this week’s edition of Laurence Holmes’ mailbag.
After the Bears were embarrassed on a national stage in their Monday night loss to the Lions, it seemed obvious change was coming.
Lovie Smith does appear to have his own supply of paper towels, though, that he’s been able to pull out of the supply closet, to unroll as needed to mop up the pessimism (and who would engage in that, dare I ask?) and keep his team from slipping into the abyss.
Though listed as doubtful with a sprained MCL, Bears defensive end Julius Pepper is active for Sunday night’s contest against the Vikings.
If Monday was a “must have”, then Sunday is a must win. If the Bears were to lose against Minnesota, they would drop to 2-4, with all four losses coming in the NFC. It would also make them 0-3 in the division. When it comes to tie-breaker math, that ain’t good. So here’s what I’m watching for Sunday night:
Chris Harris and Brandon Meriweather are expected to be benched in favor of Major Wright and Chris Conte for Sunday’s game. Wright and Conte are expected to get the first-team reps at strong and free safety, respectively, during Thursday’s practice.
When one of the most respected coaches in NFL history releases a 27-year-old, two-time Pro Bowler that he used a first-round draft pick on in 2007, there must be something the rest of the league isn’t seeing.
The Bears may have won Sunday, but Smith torched the Bears secondary for 181 yards on eight catches as the defense surrender 543 yards of total offense to the Panther.
It doesn’t get categorized as “pretty” but 2-2 looks much better a quarter of the way through the regular season than 1-3 would. The running game was much improved compared to the last two weeks, but there were still plenty of weak spots on both sides of the ball where the Bears need to improve.
A Mississippi man has reportedly been charged with raping a woman at the home of Bears’ safety Brandon Meriweather.
After the Bears signed Brandon Meriweather, the team’s new safety got to work. He headed to Halas Hall for a late night review session with safeties coach, Gil Byrd, and is looking to get up to speed as soon as possible.
The Chicago Bears have waived cornerback Joshua Moore, clearing room for Pro Bowl safety Brandon Meriweather.
The Chicago Bears have signed free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather to a one-year contract.
(WSCR) – So far this week the biggest story around football has been the NFL’s recent talk of restricting, what they are calling, inexcusable and illegal hits to the head. Bears like Charles Tillman and […]
(WSCR) – Players like Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs are used to playing football a specific way. They fly around the field and try to deliver hits that make will make offensive players not want […]
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!