African American women have higher rates of breast cancer at younger ages, and their survival rates are lower than white women. Now researchers might have an idea why.
At 23, Lindsey Avner was the youngest patient nationwide to have a double mastectomy to prevent breast cancer. Her grandmother and great grandmother died of the disease before she was born, and her mother is now an 18-year cancer survivor.
This Mother’s Day race is a tradition and many mothers and their friends and families will be here rocking pink– to help support the battle against breast cancer.
Wrigley Field is going to be ‘in the pink” today when the Cubs take on the St. Louis Cardinals.
A recent breakthrough could change the way doctors treat breast cancer.
Illinois State Rep. Deborah Mell (D-Chicago) has undergone surgery to for breast cancer and is now recovering, according to published reports Tuesday.
A Chicago woman is back home after going all around Lake Michigan in a rowboat to raise money for charity.
State Rep. Deborah Mell (D-Chicago), one of three openly gay Illinois lawmakers, reportedly has been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer.
About 40,000 people took a walk on the lakefront on Sunday, for the 21st Annual Y-Me “Race At Your Pace,” a 5K to support breast cancer patients.
Doctors say many women don’t see a heart attack coming because they have different symptoms than men, and even emergency room physicians can be slow to reach a diagnosis.
Her smile could light a room. Her spirit moved even the most hardened politician.
Maggie Daley, the wife of former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley and a gracious promoter of the city’s cultural and educational programs, has died. She was 68.
It’s an extreme decision, but a potentially life-saving one. More and more women who find out they’re at high risk for developing breast cancer are having surgery to remove their breasts.
Stressed out? You might want to get it in check. Chicago researchers say stress could be a new risk factor for breast cancer.
Mammograms are life-saving tests a lot of women put off because they’re intimidated. But hospitals are finding new ways to make them more appealing – they’re called mammogram parties. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
African American women in the south suburbs are 300 percent more likely to die from breast cancer than white women in the same area. It’s a number that has left long time doctors and researchers stunned.
Chances are you know someone who’s been diagnosed with breast cancer. But something you might not know: Chemo and radiation aren’t the only ways to treat it anymore.
Nearly 2,000 people clad all in pink are gathering Friday to begin a three-day walk to raise funds for breast cancer research.
Hundreds of scantily-clad people took part in a 5K run outside Soldier Field last night to raise money for “Bright Pink,” which empowers young women to educate themselves about ovarian and breast cancer.
Millions of women at high risk of breast cancer because of genes, family history or other reasons have a new option for preventing the disease.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!