The Chicago White Sox fell out of the AL Central lead for the first time in two months, walking 12 batters and losing to the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Wednesday night.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
Turns out former White Sox utility man Brent Lillibridge won’t get to face his old team tonight after all.
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman may have described the White Sox’s third base woes best by calling it a “black hole.”
After Lillibridge was traded to the Red Sox in exchange for Kevin Youkilis, one 5-year-old White Sox fan took the news pretty hard.
As the White Sox were busy regaining first place in the AL Central, management was busy filling a hole at third base via trade. Former Red Sox, now White Sox, third baseman Kevin Youkilis was dealt during the eighth inning of the White Sox/Brewers pitchers’ duel.
Pinch-hitter Eduardo Escobar lined an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Chicago White made it an adventuresome afternoon, beating the Milwaukee Brewers 1-0 Sunday.
The White Sox have landed third baseman Kevin Youkilis from the Boston Red Sox, in exchange for infielder Brent Lillibridge and pitcher Zach Stewart.
Alex Rios wasn’t seeking revenge against Cleveland closer Chris Perez. He got it anyway.
After Gavin Floyd retired the first 14 Red Sox batters, he couldn’t help it. He was definitely thinking about the perfect game Phil Humber pitched last weekend.
The White Sox head back to the Windy City from a solid road trip with a pair of milestones to celebrate alongside their home fans. They nearly had one more win to take along, too.
Coming off a three-game sweep of the Mariners in Seattle, here is this week’s White Sox mailbag.
Did White Sox left fielder Brent Lillibridge have his cell phone on him during today’s game?
Felix Hernandez allowed seven earned runs over five innings in his final spring training start and the Seattle Mariners were roughed up by the Chicago White Sox 13-8 Wednesday.v
Jake Peavy threw five hitless innings in his best outing of the spring and the Chicago White Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 5-0 on Saturday.
The White Sox have agreed to one-year contracts with 24 players, including second baseman Gordon Beckham, catcher Tyler Flowers and starting pitcher Chris Sale.
As manager Ozzie Guillen said after Thursday night’s win over the Indians, White Sox utility player Brent Lillibridge broke his hand after getting hit by a pitch and will miss the rest of the season.
Jake Peavy’s one bad inning was enough to send the Chicago White Sox to a costly loss. Jason Kubel and Luke Hughes homered during Minnesota’s six-run first inning, and the Twins snapped Chicago’s five-game winning streak with a 7-6 victory on Wednesday.
(CBS) Dayan Viciedo will bat fifth as the designated hitter Monday night against the Twins as Paul Konerko returns to first base for the first time since July 31. Viciedo hit a three-run home run […]
Gavin Floyd pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning, Brent Lillibridge and Alex Rios hit two-run homers and the Chicago White Sox romped past the Texas Rangers 10-0 Sunday.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.328
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.526
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!