Third baseman Brent Morel was among the latest roster cuts for the White Sox Tuesday. Morel saw regular at-bats toward the end of 2011 and at the start of 2012 but back issues forced him to miss 127 games last season.
As expected, third baseman Brent Morel and pitcher Zach Stewart were among five White Sox cuts Tuesday at Camelback Ranch.
A year ago, Brent Morel was sitting in the Camelback Ranch clubhouse knowing he would be the White Sox’s Opening Day third baseman. Monday, he was sitting in the clubhouse just hoping he’ll make the team.
Kenny Williams has always had a thing for twilight.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
At some point a fact is a fact: the White Sox’s attendance issues are going to have an impact on what kind of improvements can be made in the next month and a half.
Paul Konerko was a late scratch from Tuesday night’s White Sox lineup because he had a small chip flushed in his left wrist.
No factor has been as important as the decision manager Robin Ventura made May 7 in the second game of a day/night doubleheader in Cleveland.
Don’t look now, but the White Sox are suddenly just a game behind the Texas Rangers for the best record in the American League. That sure happened quickly.
White Sox third baseman Brent Morel is eligible to come off the disabled list Saturday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see him back in Chicago that quick.
It’s hard to ignore the fact that Orlando Hudson has never played a single game at third base in his major league career.
The White Sox officially signed infielder Orlando Hudson to a one-year deal Tuesday and placed third baseman Brent Morel on the 15-day disabled list.
Another week of White Sox baseball and another week of questions at third base. Here is this week’s mailbag, written as NATO protesters surround the building.
Morel was originally in Friday’s lineup, but was scratched late with his on-going back issues and was replaced by Eduardo Escobar.
As the White Sox continue to hang around mediocrity, White Sox fans are naturally looking for answers and starting to wonder if the team will be buyers or sellers later this summer.
The White Sox have only won two games since our last mailbag and have now lost 10 of their last 13 games.
I get it. We’re a month into the season and the questions you have about the White Sox are pretty much the same ones you had at the beginning of April.
The White Sox head back to the Windy City from a solid road trip with a pair of milestones to celebrate alongside their home fans. They nearly had one more win to take along, too.
Coming off a three-game sweep of the Mariners in Seattle, here is this week’s White Sox mailbag.
No phrase in baseball is used more often in the month of April than “it’s early.”
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 4 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 4 hours ago