Jake Peavy struck out 11 in seven innings, Paul Konerko homered and the Chicago White Sox broke a five-game losing streak, beating the Cleveland Indians 3-1 Sunday.
Zach McAllister should break 200 if he stays healthy this year, which will be a boon to the back end of the Tribe’s rotation.
The Chicago White Sox fell out of the AL Central lead for the first time in two months, walking 12 batters and losing to the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Wednesday night.
The White Sox haven’t been able to solve the Kansas City Royals lately. Now, the AL Central leaders have to figure out a way to slow a dangerous division opponent.
World Series aside, this may be Kenny Williams’ best season as White Sox general manager.
Jose Quintana snapped a five-start winless streak and the Chicago White Sox held off the Toronto Blue Jays 3-2 Tuesday night for a rare victory at Rogers Centre.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
The White Sox signed outfielder Dewayne Wise to a minor league contract and completed their trade for Brett Myers.
It’s no secret White Sox general manager Kenny Williams is one of the most aggressive GMs in the game.
Admittedly, I have a tough time respecting men who allegedly beat their wives.
The Chicago White have acquired right-handed pitcher Brett Myers and cash considerations from the Houston Astros.
Justin Maxwell, Jose Altuve, J.D.Martinez and Brett Wallace all homered to lead the Houston Astros to an 11-9 win over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
J.D. Martinez hit the go-ahead RBI single in the sixth inning and Jose Altuve had a solo homer to give the Houston Astros a 2-1 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Brett Myers benefited from a reversed homer call to beat the Chicago Cubs again and Clint Barmes had a two-run single to help the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory Sunday.
Pinch hitter Brian Bogusevic hit a grand slam in the ninth inning to propel the Houston Astros to 6-5 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night and break a season-long seven game losing streak.
James Russell’s first career start didn’t go the way he, or the Chicago Cubs would have wanted.
Houston Astros pitcher Brett Myers has had two impressive starts so far this season, but is still without a win, largely due to a lack of run support from his offense.
Sox games against the Mariners are nice. There should be more of them. The first two innings should result in additions to the hyphenated same of Seattle’s starting pitcher, Ryan Rowland-Smith-Bad-Thanks.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!