Lawyers for three out-of-state men known as the “NATO 3″ – who have been accused of plotting to firebomb political targets during the NATO Summit last spring – have asked a Cook County judge to dismiss the terrorism charges against them.
Three anti-NATO protesters have pleaded not guilty to charges they were planning to use Molotov cocktails to attack Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s home, President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters, and several police stations.
Three out-of-state men were indicted in court Tuesday morning, on accusations that they plotted to attack President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house during the NATO Summit, but prosecutors declined to share copies of the indictment with defense attorneys.
One of the accused “NATO 3” wants to resolve terrorism charges in Cook County before returning to Florida to deal with a pending case there.
Another round of court appearances is coming up Wednesday for several people arrested for alleged violent plots in the days leading up to the NATO Summit.
Defense attorneys for the three men accused of making firebombs to attack police and other high-profile targets during the NATO Summit claimed police and prosecutors fabricated the charges to justify the intense security measures put in place for the summit.
Three anti-NATO protesters were planning to attack police stations, Mayor Emanuel’s home and President Obama’s campaign headquarters with Molotov cocktails during the NATO Summit, police sources said on Saturday.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!