Rod Blagojevich’s ex-chief of staff is free and clear of the justice system after a federal judge in Chicago ended his two-year probation period early.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said Saturday he hopes state lawmakers find a way to oust Derrick Smith from the Illinois House again, after he was re-elected despite being ousted by his colleagues over his bribery indictment.
Fresh off regaining his seat in the Illinois House on Tuesday, Derrick Smith starred in a wild episode of Chicago-style politics Thursday morning, claiming himself to be “a new man,” and slamming Democratic Party leaders who tried to stop his bid to get back to Springfield.
Despite having been indicted for allegedly taking a $7,000 bribe, and having been booted out of the Illinois House, former state Rep. Derrick Smith has won his seat back in the General Assembly.
An appeals court has reversed the bribery conviction of a Chicago zoning inspector on grounds the value of two $600 payoffs he received weren’t high enough.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White says, if he knew then what he knows now, he would never have supported indicted former State Rep. Derrick Smith, and there would be no controversy about the fate of Smith’s former House seat.
Illinois State Sen. Kwame Raoul (D-Chicago) says he will do everything he can to prevent Rep. Derrick Smith from being reelected.
Republicans are kept accountable for their own misspeaks and actions. Unlike the Democrats’ life jacket being tossed out to a sinking politician by the Party, when a Republican politician does the inexcusable, the Republican Party throws him an anchor – and that’s how it should be.
The Illinois House of Representatives has voted to expel state Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
A vote is coming Friday that could expel Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) from the General Assembly.
Karl Rove has come up with a business, his Super PAC, that offers wealthy businesses with legal problems potential for relief.
A special Illinois House committee has recommended that State Rep. Derrick Smith be expelled from the House, over allegations he took a $7,000 bribe.
Bond was set at $175,000 on Tuesday for a former Chicago alderman who is facing bribery charges for the second time.
The attorney for indicted State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) has launched a mannered, but pointed attack against the House committee considering whether to discipline Smith over bribery allegations.
A special Illinois House investigative committee has issued a report finding lawmakers have enough evidence to punish state Rep. Derrick Smith, amid allegations he took a $7,000 bribe.
Democratic Ward Committeemen in the 10th state House District have picked a onetime aide to former Cook County Board President Todd Stroger to mount a third-party challenge against indicted state Rep. Derrick Smith in November.
State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) told a special legislative panel Thursday that he is innocent of the federal bribery charges he is facing, but he refused to testify under oath.
State Rep. Derrick Smith has pleaded not guilty to charges that he accepted a $7,000 bribe.
On a day when Pro Football Hall of Famer Richard Dent was honored in the Illinois House, it seems the only person reporters wanted to talk to was indicted Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago).
Despite winning the Democratic primary, state Rep. Derrick Smith should not remain on the ballot, Emanuel said Friday.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!