The Chicago Fire Department has determined the extra-alarm blaze that gutted a Bridgeport warehouse was caused when an open flame in the building ignited combustible material inside.
A fire warehouse on the South Side has broken out again, one day after the blaze sent about a third of the city’s fire department to battle the blaze.
The ice-encrusted remains of a massive abandoned warehouse, the site of the biggest blaze in Chicago in about seven years, was still smoldering on Wednesday
Firefighters were at the scene of an extra-alarm blaze at a large vacant warehouse in the Bridgeport neighborhood Tuesday night.
A man was shot while driving on the Stevenson Expressway Sunday night in the South Side Bridgeport neighborhood.
Fire gutted a 3-flat apartment building early this morning in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
With snow in the forecast, the owner of a Bridgeport hardware store has his fingers crossed.
A 68-year-old man died Friday morning, a day after he struck a vehicle while riding his bicycle in the Bridgeport.
“I think it’s incredible. I mean, we couldn’t have asked for anything better,” January Overton said. “I truly believe that this is gonna change drastically what’s happening on our block, and in the area.”
Was he targeted for a hit, or was it something else? Chicago police have been searching for a motive in the shooting death of a local construction company executive in Bridgeport.
Jose Escobar’s family said his recent decision to black-out his Latin King gang tattoos showed he was serious about making a change.
Three people have been killed and at least another five wounded in gun violence throughout Chicago this weekend.
Police are searching for a missing elderly man with Alzheimer’s disease who went missing from his Bridgeport neighborhood home Saturday.
Two men were shot — one fatally — in an apparent gang-related dispute in front of a Bridgeport neighborhood fast food restaurant Sunday morning.
It has been a terrifying and deadly weekend in Chicago, with at least seven people dead and at least 24 more wounded in shootings since Friday afternoon.
An autopsy will be performed Monday on a 60-year-old Bridgeport neighborhood man whose body was found just outside his front door over the weekend.
A 60-year-old Bridgeport man was found dead this morning at his own front door. Police say the man was a hoarder.
Bridgeport is known as the historical home of the Daley family and other political dynasties. But there’s much more to the Near South Side neighborhood than that.
Coming home is a process for some who have seen war, CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Defense attorneys for the three men accused of making firebombs to attack police and other high-profile targets during the NATO Summit claimed police and prosecutors fabricated the charges to justify the intense security measures put in place for the summit.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!