Three anti-NATO protesters were planning to attack police stations, Mayor Emanuel’s home and President Obama’s campaign headquarters with Molotov cocktails during the NATO Summit, police sources said on Saturday.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Wednesday that Chicago police officers assigned to NATO protest duty have passed their first test ahead of this weekend’s NATO summit.
With the NATO summit five days away, demonstrations are becoming more intense. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports on a so-called militant march against police brutality Tuesday evening.
A man who was alleged to have fired a gun on a Bridgeport neighborhood street late Saturday was apprehended by police not long afterward, but not before he led police on a pursuit that stretched more than 16 miles south, ending after he abandoned his car in the Far South Side Altgeld Gardens area.
After vandals damaged an old copper cross at St. Mary of Perpetual Help Church in the Bridgeport neighborhood, offers of help started pouring in.
It’s been part of a Bridgeport parish for more than a century, but now a historic copper cross sits damaged after an attack by vandals.
Two Chicago Police officers were injured in a wreck Wednesday night on the edge of the Pilsen neighborhood.
Raymond Palomino, 17, was among several teens charged last month in the wake of a YouTube-posted video that showed several youths ganging up on a single victim.
Seven teens – six boys and a girl – have been charged in connection with the brutal beating in the Bridgeport neighborhood this past weekend that went viral on YouTube.
Six people were being questioned by police Tuesday in a brutal attack on a 17-year-old boy in the Bridgeport neighborhood, which was videotaped and posted on YouTube.
Radio personality George Wilborn and his family filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the realty company that represented a white Bridgeport couple who refused to sell their home to the black couple.
An extra-alarm fire at a warehouse of a steel drum company in an industrial area in the Southwest Side Bridgeport neighborhood Saturday morning has been extinguished. No one was injured in the blaze.
A parolee was indicted on murder charges Wednesday for allegedly beating and robbing an elderly nurse in Bridgeport, then using the dead woman’s engagement and wedding rings to propose to his girlfriend.
A Chicago firefighter and his son were ordered held on $75,000 bond each Tuesday after being charged with beating and robbing a man Saturday in the Southwest Side Bridgeport neighborhood.
An 18-year-old man was ordered held on $500,000 bond on Tuesday, charged with stabbing another man to death during a street brawl in Bridgeport on Sunday.
A 73-year-old woman was found beaten to death over the weekend in the garage of her home in Bridgeport.
A man was dead on the scene when he was stabbed in the neck during a street fight in the Bridgeport neighborhood early Sunday on the South Side.
A man who has been trying to abduct young children remains on the loose in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
Police are looking for suspects this morning, after a man was found shot to death in the Bridgeport neighborhood.
Something strange is happening in the Bridgeport neighborhood on the South Side and it has some residents puzzled and angry.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!