Weapons come in all sizes. A 20-year-old Bridgeview man’s on his way to bond court for allegedly using his vehicle in a lover’s quarrel, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore.
State police say a 31-year-old Chicago man who allegedly caused the crash was charged with aggravated DUI.
Five Indiana men accused of attacking an alleged white supremacist group at a Tinley Park restaurant in May pleaded guilty and were sentenced Friday.
A southwest suburban man is finally free. Once again he can get a job, drive a car and buy gifts for his family on their birthdays.
A southwest suburban Bridgeview man was struck and killed early Sunday in a hit-and-run incident.
Gov. Pat Quinn is calling for respect and tolerance of religious differences as Muslims mark the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
With four months still left, it’s already been a busy year for Chicago-area bank robbers.
The 2012 B96 Pepsi SummerBash is Saturday, June 16th at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, IL! With acts such as Flo Rida, Gym Class Heroes, The Wanted, Big Time Rush, Sean Paul, Dev, Mike Posner, Karmin and more – this year’s show is packed with some superstar talent.
A naked man holding a rosary in his right hand called for help after venturing into a southwest suburban Orland Park lake on Tuesday and was saved by a man and a girl.
Miguel Coronilla, 39, was charged with felony aggravated battery, disorderly conduct and resisting a police officer, according to the Cook County Sheriff’s office.
A 36-year-old Chicago woman was allowed to drive away with a blood alcohol level of 0.295, according to a published report.
Even though snow hasn’t been very common this winter, thieves are interested in high-priced equipment used to clear roads. CBS 2′s Mike Parker explains.
Cook County’s plan to shut down suburban courthouses on weekends went into effect last week with the closure of the Bridgeview courthouse. But police who now must transport arrestees to the Criminal Courts Building in Chicago for bond hearings reported that longer round trips were the only problem.
Because the suburban Cook County courthouses will be closed on weekends starting next year, there will soon be five fewer options for wedding or civil union ceremonies.
Get into trouble on the weekends in Cook County and no matter where you are arrested — from Schaumburg to the city’s West Side to Orland Park — you’ll soon be able to appear before a judge only at Chicago’s 26th and California courthouse.
For Libyan-Americans in the Chicago area, the killing of Muammar Qaddafi was cause for celebration on Thursday. But it was also a time for reflection on decades of iron-fisted rule by a dictator who tortured and murdered so many family members.
Former Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica was tossed in jail for a brief time on Tuesday, after showing up late for a hearing in a misdemeanor case against him.
Authorities have charged four men, after leading police on a chase from the city’s Southwest Side to suburban Bridgeview Tuesday night.
Libyan rebels stormed Moammar Gadhafi’s compound in Tripoli on Tuesday, seizing weapons and loot. Gadhafi was not inside, but rebels saw the event as the effective collapse of his 42-year reign over Libya. As CBS 2’s Kristyn Hartman reports, it was a big reason a local man was heading back to Libya, after 30 years in exile.
Libyan-Americans living in the Chicago area were glued to developments in their homeland on Sunday, as Libyan rebels overtook a major military base that defends Tripoli.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!