Police are seeking two teenaged thieves, who allegedly stole smart phones twice in the past week on or near 35th Street, near U.S. Cellular Field and the IIT campus.
At one of the schools ordered closed by CPS – there was quiet opposition from some parents today…and some seemed resigned to what is about to happen. CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports.
A 26-year-old man has been charged in the fatal drive-by shooting of a Columbia College student in the Bronzeville neighborhood earlier this week, while the victim was on his way to pick up a friend.
The city’s Gospel Music Festival will have a new wrinkle when it gets underway in late June.
An employee at a nearby dry cleaners said a police SUV was heading south on King Drive when it swerved to avoid another vehicle, and hit a school bus turning north onto King from 42nd Street.
Ground was broken Tuesday on a new commercial and residential development in Bronzeville, a project the likes of which haven’t been seen in that neighborhood in 50 years.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces
A man was charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a man on New Year’s Day in South Side Bronzeville neighborhood.
The likelihood of concealed-carry gun legislation in Illinois prompted lively debate Saturday at a “town hall” meeting in the near South Side Bronzeville neighborhood.
The statue of the late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington was damaged when the front panel containing the dedication plaque was stolen Saturday evening in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Police officers fired shots while chasing a gunman Monday afternoon in the Bronzeville neighborhood, just a couple blocks away from Chicago Police Headquarters.
Four Chicago Bulls championship rings were stolen from a Bronzeville home last week, according to an alert issued by police on Saturday.
Just south of McCormick Place is a district where African Americans flourished after the Civil War. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Six people – including two toddlers – were injured Wednesday morning when a minivan and a car collided in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
A 25-year-old woman was sexually assaulted during a robbery Sunday in the Bronzeville neighborhood on the South Side.
Parents on the northern end of the Bronzeville neighborhood are on alert, after a man tried to lure a young girl on her way to school.
Police were seeking the man who pummeled an unarmed security guard outside a Bronzeville apartment complex on Saturday.
Wal-Mart is making another foray into Chicago’s South Side – this time in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
An 88-year-old woman sustained injuries after struggling with a masked man who broke into her South Side Bronzeville neighborhood Friday night and put a knife to her throat and robbed her.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!