Police Supt. Garry McCarthy and several other observers have praised officers in the field for their restraint during the NATO Summit protests, but some protest leaders say they cannot see McCarthy’s justification for the use of force.
The results are in following a federal investigation into alleged brutality by members of the Harvey police Department.
North Chicago Mayor Leon Rockingham has accepted the resignation of his embattled police chief.
A police officer in Park Ridge was acting within law enforcement guidelines when he beat a suspect who grabbed him and wouldn’t let go.
The family of a man who died of injuries suffered last month during his arrest by North Chicago Police Tuesday filed a federal civil rights suit against the suburb and six of the officers involved in the arrest.
The death of a man who was shocked with a stun gun has put serious pressure on North Chicago Police Chief Mike Newsome, who was on the hot seat on Thursday.
Former Streamwood police Officer James Mandarino will be on probation for the next 30 months, for beating an unarmed, kneeling man while his dashboard video camera was rolling.
Sentencing was suddenly postponed Monday morning for a former Streamwood police officer, who was convicted of beating an unarmed, kneeling man while his dashboard video camera was rolling.
A Cook County judge has found a former Streamwood police officer guilty of aggravated battery and official misconduct for repeatedly hitting an unarmed man with his baton last year.
The misconduct trial of a former suburban police officer has wrapped up and is now in the hands of the judge.
James Mandarino allegedly used excessive force when he pulled over motorist Ronald Bell last year.
The trial begins today for a Streamwood police officer accused of brutality.
A police misconduct lawsuit in Park Ridge has been dismissed, less than two months after it was filed.
Two Chicago Police officers are taking their boss to court, accusing Supt. Jody Weis of slander after they were accused and later cleared in a brutality investigation.
Two Chicago Police officers allegedly reassigned, and later cleared, in a police brutality investigation filed a slander lawsuit Tuesday against police Supt. Jody Weis.
Seven Chicago police officers have been taken off the street because of accusations of brutality involving a crime suspect in police custody.
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.313
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!