It’s a familiar concern for the Chicago Blackhawks. Especially in the playoffs. Power play production is missing.
The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
In the midst of a slow, gritty contest, Game 1 ultimately went to the Blackhawks because their third line beat the Wild’s top defensive line in overtime.
Bryan Bickell scored in overtime on a two-on-one rush, and the Chicago Blackhawks started the playoffs on a winning note after dominating the regular season, beating the Minnesota Wild 2-1 on Tuesday night.
Corey Crawford stopped 30 shots and the Chicago Blackhawks got goals from Bryan Bickell and Marian Hossa for a 2-0 win over St. Louis on Sunday, ending Blues goalie Brian Elliott’s shutout streak at three games.
The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
Bryan Bickell scored in the first period, and Ray Emery made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Nashville Predators 1-0 Saturday for their third win in four games.
Even King James and the Heat have taken notice of the Blackhawks unprecedented streak of earning a point in the first 24 games of the season, en route to a 21-0-3 record.
No matter what goalie the Chicago Blackhawks put into their net, they are coming away with win after win.
Patrick Kane scored the tiebreaking goal for Chicago on what would have been a San Jose power play and then added an empty-netter to seal the Blackhawks’ 5-3 victory Tuesday night in a matchup of the NHL’s top two teams.
Saturday night’s Blackhawk win was as exciting and memorable as any in recent memory.
Patrick Sharp scored two goals, Duncan Keith had four assists and Corey Crawford made 24 saves as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-1 on Tuesday night to sweep the season series.
Ryan Ellis scored the go-ahead in the third period and added an assist and the Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday.
Andrew Brunette and Patrick Sharp scored 21 seconds apart midway through the second period, and Corey Crawford made 20 saves in his first start in more than two weeks as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Montreal Canadiens 5-1 on Wednesday night.
The Blackhawks assigned Ben Smith to the Rockford IceHogs Monday.
Antti Niemi made 34 saves against his former team for his first shutout of the season and Jason Demers broke a scoreless tie late in the second period with his first goal to lead the San Jose Sharks to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Thursday that Dave Bolland will not play tonight in Columbus.
Dave Bolland scored one third-period goal and had an assist on the other to help the Chicago Blackhawks pull away to a 5-2 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday night.
Faced with a decisive Game 7 on Tuesday night and the possibility of becoming just the fourth team in NHL history to lose a series after winning the first three games, Vancouver GM Mike Gillis claimed the calls have been one-sided.
Here’s all you need to know about the mental titans that are the Vancouver Canucks.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!