Homer Bailey pitched effectively into the eighth inning, Ryan Hanigan hit a three-run double and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1 on Tuesday night to move closer to the NL Central title.
Jimmy Paredes singled and scored an unearned run in the third inning and the Houston Astros beat the Chicago Cubs 1-0 on Tuesday night.
Mike Fiers tossed 7 1-3 solid innings to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Cubs on Wednesday night, their eighth straight victory against Chicago.
Lance Lynn won his 12th game with six spotless innings, and Matt Holliday and Carlos Beltran homered on consecutive pitches to put the finishing touches on the St. Louis Cardinals’ 7-0 victory Sunday that completed a three-game sweep of the Chicago Cubs.
Bryan LaHair, Jeff Baker and Anthony Rizzo hit home runs and the Chicago Cubs continued their success against Atlanta by beating the Braves 5-1 on Wednesday night.
There aren’t any brackets, you won’t find anyone being sent to Dayton for a play-in game, and nobody – not even Bryan LaHair – gets a No. 16 seed.
One is a 10-year pro whose name wasn’t known by the general baseball public until this year. The other is a league star rebounding from one of the worst statistical season the game has ever seen.
Left-hander Chris Sale, first baseman Paul Konerko and designated hitter Adam Dunn were named Sunday to the American League All-Star team.
David DeJesus and Starlin Castro, the top two players in the Chicago Cubs’ batting order, had four hits apiece on Saturday night. And neither table-setter scored.
Travis Wood pitched six strong innings for his first win as a starter in more than a year, and the Chicago Cubs beat the White Sox 2-1 on Tuesday night even though Jake Peavy went the distance.
Norichika Aoki homered twice, including off Casey Coleman to lead off the 10th inning to give the Milwaukee Brewers a 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Thursday.
Ryan Dempster earned his first win since last August, throwing seven innings of three-hit ball as the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10-0 on Tuesday night.
The Chicago Cubs stopped their 12-game losing streak as Alfonso Soriano hit a go-ahead home run Monday in an 11-7 win over the San Diego Padres.
I’ve heard all the arguments for why the Cubs traded their best reliever, and none of them has been compelling enough for me to get on board.
Yadier Molina hit an RBI single off second baseman Darwin Barney’s glove with two outs in the ninth inning and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 7-6 Tuesday, avoiding a sweep and an 0-5 homestand.
For the first time in more than a year, the Chicago Cubs finally won a game in Milwaukee.
The past 15 games, and Bryan LaHair’s impact, have shed light to a long process of climbing to the top of the NL Central.
LaHair is the early leader in the clubhouse for feel-good story of this MLB season. He’s 29, in his 10th season as a professional ballplayer, and just now having a major impact on a major league roster.
Paul Maholm outpitched Tim Hudson to win his fourth straight start, Bryan LaHair hit a go-ahead single in the seventh inning and the Chicago Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Wednesday.
Dan Uggla hit a tiebreaking two-run single in the eighth inning and the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1 Tuesday night.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!