Two teenage boys have been charged with hitting a woman and stealing her purse in the Wicker Park neighborhood Thursday morning, and police are trying to determine whether the attack is connected to a series of similar robberies in recent months.
Members of the Latino community in the Humboldt Park neighborhood are not the slightest bit amused by a bakery’s choice of names for one of its desserts.
Enough is enough for some Chicagoans fed up with attacks on women in Wicker Park, Bucktown and Logan Square.
Michael Giffin, 25, is charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault and unlawful restraint for the alleged Saturday rape. He had been ordered held on $750,000 bond on Sunday.
Police are holding one person in connection with a string of robberies in the Bucktown, Wicker Park and Logan Square neighborhoods.
Police are warning people on the city’s Near West and Northwest sides about a robber on the loose who has been targeting women.
Bond was set at $750,000 Sunday for a Pilsen man charged with raping a 26-year-old woman in Bucktown early Saturday.
A Pilsen man has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman early Saturday in the Bucktown neighborhood.
A little neighborhood theatre located in Bucktown, Gorilla Tango creates a feeling of closeness for those who attend shows there. Literally. It only seats about fifty people, but I think this works in its favor, closing that gap of separation you might feel while watching a bigger production, pulling the crowd into everything that happens onstage just a little bit more.
A 35-year-old man died early Saturday after he was struck a vehicle while kneeling in the street in the Bucktown neighborhood, police said.
A thirsty thief stabbed a man with a corkscrew after he burst into two Bucktown apartments in search of beer in the early hours of Saturday, authorities say.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday took a step forward in the plan to convert an old and defunct elevated rail line into a linear park.
A Chicago teen has been indicted by a grand jury in connection with a police chase and deadly crash that killed a 911 dispatcher.
In a Bucktown storefront, you can watch a North Side man watching a movie marathon: 72 hours of movies with only a few bathroom breaks and no sleeping breaks.
Bucktown is a hip, urban neighborhood located on the north side of the city. With its trendy boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants, it’s a great corner of the city to live in or visit for a day or evening of fun.
Heriberto Viramontes, who awaits trial for the notorious 2010 baseball bat attack on two women in Bucktown, faces additional charges that he conspired with his girlfriend to smuggle marijuana into Cook County jail. A correctional officer has also been charged.
Family and friends have said their final goodbyes to a 911 dispatcher who was killed over the weekend in a car crash in Bucktown.
Visitation is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon for a Chicago 911 dispatcher who was killed in a tragic crash over the weekend.
Cook County prosecutors said Monday that a 16-year-old honor student was drunk on vodka and high on ecstasy and marijuana when he stole an SUV, fled from a traffic stop and then crashed into the car of a 911 dispatcher, killing her on Sunday.
A 911 dispatcher for the city of Chicago was killed on her way home from work Sunday morning, when her car was struck by a stolen SUV that was being chased by police.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!