A miscalculation by a state agency could cost several thousand Illinois college students are losing some of their financial aid from the state, though colleges might make up the difference.
The air traffic control towers at airports in Waukegan, Gary and Kenosha are among 149 facilities that will close starting April 7.
Governor Quinn says he found this his toughest budget to deliver to Illinois lawmakers, and it’s getting criticism from both sides of the aisle, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
The Chicago Archdiocese is closing five schools and eliminating 75 staff positions in an effort to save millions of dollars over the next two years.
Only three of Dixmoor’s five squad cars have gas — that’s how desperate this situation is. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Despite a looming 11 percent fare increase for 10-ride ticketholders, few riders bothered to turn out for Metra’s only public hearings on its 2013 budget.
The holidays are renowned for overspending and budgetary mistakes that can affect finances long after the actual holiday. However, following a few simple tips from a Chicago financial professional can help you avoid common mistakes and make for a more stress-free holiday season.
The New Year will mean higher fares for half of the CTA’s ridership.
The CTA was supposed to unveil its 2013 budget Thursday – but canceled the presentation minutes before a scheduled news conference because of overnight progress in talks with its two major unions.
Beginning today, Metra is asking riders to “pick their poison,” and tell them what kind of fare increase, if any, they can stomach next year.
The risks include a spike in fuel prices, severe snow or heat, a major derailment or a bridge failure.
Just in time for your Thanksgiving dinner, prices at the grocery store are going up.
First it was Mayor Rahm Emanuel with the Chicago Teachers Union, and now, another prominent Illinois Democrat is in trouble with a public employees’ union.
Your kids are watching — that’s the reminder for parents from a financial expert who said, when it comes to money, and surviving this economy, you’re a role model for your kids, even if you don’t realize it.
As he prepares to unveil his preliminary 2013 budget today, Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he’s managed to cut the projected deficit in half.
The Chicago Public Schools system wants to give you a chance to play budget wizard, and determine how spending choices you would like would affect the school system’s allotted $5 billion.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is defending the Chicago Public Schools for balancing the system’s budget through what some say is the risky step of draining the school system’s “rainy day fund.”
Americans should want to celebrate the 4th of July and at least give some sign of wanting the celebrations that have been cut from municipalities’ budgets.
A group of Catholic nuns have started a bus tour challenging the Ryan budget plan and its cuts to social programs.
Illinois lawmakers have passed a budget to the Gov. Pat Quinn, but not without a lot of contention.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!