It’s a case of racial discrimination you don’t see every day. Allegations of bullying in East Aurora have caught the attention of federal investigators from the Department of Education. Dorothy Tucker reports.
A south suburban mother wants school officials – and parents – to hear her story of how she almost lost her 12-year-old son last week to suicide, because he was bullied.
One high school teacher in Barrington, is hoping to give his students a life long lesson about tolerance.
After hearing the news, Ravens running back Ray Rice posted a message to his Facebook page speaking out against Bullying.
A former Green Bay Packers cheerleader has fought Facebook to get a picture of her taken off a Chicago Bears’ Fan page.
It’s a disturbing allegation of bullying in a suburban school. The person accused of doing the bullying is not a student, it’s the principal of the school.
Being the victim of a relentless bully can be a distraction and even a danger to kids. As a parent, it is important to recognize the signs of bullying, know how to talk to your children about bullies and establish an appropriate reaction to a bully situation.
A survey of Illinois high school students indicates that younger white teenage girls are the most likely of any demographic to be bullied.
A local workplace analyst warned Tuesday that workplace bullying is affecting more than 50 million people across the country, and costing businesses the service of valued employees.
School administrators in Schererville, Ind., are investigating how a 5th grade student was able to walk out of school in the middle of the day, undetected, out of fear over bullying by other students.
An Illinois lawmaker called the state’s rejection of an anti-bullying ordinance “disgusting.” The bill was voted down after some conservative lawmakers expressed concern that it might be used to promote acceptance of homosexuality.
Three students were expelled from a school in northwest Indiana, for comments they made on Facebook, about which classmates they would like to kill.
An elementary school in Chicago’s Bucktown neighborhood is really making a change in the fight against bullying.
The family of a 17-year-old boy has filed a lawsuit against a northwest Indiana high school, alleging their son was taunted, bullied and brutally attacked, all because he is of Middle Eastern descent.
The family of a 10-year-old girl in east central Illinois says intense bullying caused the fifth-grader to kill herself late last week.
Students bullied at school find themselves forced to continue going to class with their tormentors. The family of an 11-year-old girl is taking action that could help other victims, 2 Investigator Dave Savini reports.
Dr. Phil McGraw said Wednesday that a change in education policy will be needed to curb the epidemic of bullying in schools.
There are about 160,000 students nationwide who miss school every day because they are afraid of being attacked or bullied by fellow students.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker talks with a victim of bullying, as a task force makes recommendations to state lawmakers about ways to curb incidents at schools.
We’ve all heard about stranger danger online, but a growing number of young people – particularly girls – are learning about other Internet dangers the hard way.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!