Police are warning about a burglar who strikes at night when people are home, asleep, reports CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli.
Elgin pawn shops, gold resellers and similar businesses are now required to use Leads Online to enter information about customers and items they’re pawning or selling. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
A northwest suburban couple would scour the obituaries in local newspapers, then burglarize the homes of people who were attending funeral services for deceased family members, according to police.
Police in the northwest suburbs might have tracked down those responsible for more than 60 burglaries since January.
The owner of a popular coin shop in Evanston has been jailed, on allegations some of his biggest customers were crooks, and he knew it.
Police are warning Lincoln Park residents about four recent burglaries in the North Side neighborhood.
Thieves in Aurora have found a new target — robbing empty, foreclosed homes, causing thousands of dollars in damage and theft.
Chicago Police released surveillance photos of a suspected burglar Wednesday, hoping someone can identify the man accused smashing windows and taking cash drawers from at least three Lincoln Park businesses.
For the third time in just the past few weeks, police are trying to find some brazen thieves who get into stores by smashing their way in.
Chicago Police are warning residents of the Ukrainian Village neighborhood about a series of burglaries this month.
Police have issued a warning to Near West Side residents after a string of burglaries in the neighborhood surrounding the United Center.
Crime in Elgin is at a 40-year low, but police said they’re also seeing a dramatic spike in burglaries, which shot up 31 percent last year.
Gary’s new mayor is pledging to put the brakes on a growing number of burglaries in the city. That’s just one item on Karen Freeman-Wilson’s “to-do” list after taking office as Gary’s first female mayor.
Police are warning cell phone and electronics businesses in the downtown area that about a band of burglars that have been breaking in and stealing merchandise.
Police in several Northwest Indiana towns are looking for three Chicago men wanted for a series of daylight home invasions of elderly residents’ houses.
Two people have been arrested for a suburban home invasion with ties to furniture delivery.
As Aurora residents get ready for the holidays, police are warning them to keep gifts locked up amid a rash of burglaries.
In one week’s time, Gary police responded to at least 85 burglaries.
Waukegan police believe they have broken up separate rings of burglars and armed robbers working the far north suburbs.
Crime is up on the borders of the UIC campus, and Tuesday, campus police told students and staff that it is time to put the cell phones and iPods away and pay attention to what’s going on around them.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!