A Chicago grandmother has broken up a burglary ring that police said hit hundreds of victims, many of them elderly.
A $6,000 reward has been offered for information about a burglary at a Chicago Police Department stable that left two horses injured last week in the South Shore neighborhood.
The past couple of nights have been busy ones for police in southwest suburban Tinley Park.
A 22-month-old girl was in the custody of the State of Illinois Friday morning, after police say her parents left her home alone while they burglarized cars in northwest suburban Wheeling.
One person was hospitalized Tuesday morning after a shooting and possible burglary inside an apartment building in Plainfield.
One person is in police custody, accused of breaking into the iconic Moody Church at the southeast corner of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
A Chicago alderman’s office on the Southwest Side has been burglarized, and thieves made off with an air conditioner, three computers, and a TV.
An Arlington Heights family returned home from a two-day vacation on the 4th of July to find their home burglarized and their dog lying dead in the oven — a gruesome act police now say was domestic-related.
A suspect has surrendered after going on the lam for three days, following a burglary and police chase in the western suburbs.
Police searched with dogs on the ground and a helicopter in the air early Tuesday, as police searched for a suspect who led them on a chase after allegedly burglarizing a Wood Dale home.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
A Lincoln Park neighborhood man already charged with cyber-terrorizing multiple people online is now facing new burglary charges – and police say the burglary rate in the district where he was operating is down 70 percent since his arrest.
Police captured two Chicago men who dressed as police officers to rob a west suburban Elmhurst store of $39,000 worth of cigarettes last Friday.
Officially, police say a preliminary report shows 60 iPads, 11 Apple laptops and 10 GPS devices were stolen from the store at an estimated value of $42,000.
Two West Side men have been charged with burglarizing an electronics store on the edge of the Little Village neighborhood and smashing the stolen getaway van through a garage door – prompting police to open fire.
Police shot three people Monday morning – killing one – as the suspects allegedly burglarized an electronics store on South Western Avenue and smashed their getaway van through a garage door.
Cook County prosecutors have dropped weapons charges against an elderly man who shot a teenage burglar who broke into his Englewood home last week.
They thought they’d never see them again; Stolen bikes, strollers, unopened packages. But on Monday, some North Side residents were getting their stolen property back after they were recovered in a raid on an alleged burglar’s home in Lincoln Park.
Police in Northwest Indiana say a jewelry store thief may have left something behind that could lead police to capture him and his accomplices.
Footprints in the snow turned out to be the key in a burglary case in Crystal Lake.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.403
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.2434
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!