More shoulder-riding Pace buses begin to roam I-55 beginning Monday. WBBM’s Bob Roberts says an even bigger expansion may be in the works.
After days of flooding, it’s something we’ve heard over and over again: Don’t drive through flood waters. But a school bus driver did just that Monday.
A Pace bus traveling south swerved to avoid a pedestrian and crashed into a light pole in the 4600 block of South Halsted Street.
When a Greyhound bus dropped passengers off at a stop in Iowa, the station was closed, and an Illinois college student and other passengers were left outside in -17 degree weather for an hour. He was wearing only a sweatshirt and jacket.
A 57-year-old woman was shot while riding a CTA bus Thursday night in the Hamilton Park neighborhood, authorities said.
The price of a one-day pass will nearly double, from $5.75 to $10. A three-day pass that now costs $14 will cost $20. The seven-day pass will increase in price from $23 to $28 and the 30-day pass will increase in price from $86 to $100.
She remembered the drugs, but not the child. Police say when a South Side who left her 3-year-old granddaughter on a CTA bus in the South Loop was arrested Wednesday night, they found heroin in her pocket.
The CTA ads display jihad goals like building friendships, saying fit or marching on despite loss of a child.
Controversial ads have appeared on 10 CTA buses — and the transit agency says it could do nothing to prevent them from running.
The Chicago Transit Authority will test bus service on a portion of 31st Street for the first time in 15 years, beginning next month – but the line won’t go to the lakefront as activists have hoped.
The mother and father of twin 3-year-old daughters want to keep their names private — but not their battle. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A school bus carrying 6th-grade students from Highland has collided with a tractor trailer near the southern Illinois community of Litchfield.
Two people suffered minor injuries Saturday afternoon when the CTA bus they were on was struck by a car in the South Loop.
The winter storm turned deadly overnight, as a six-vehicle accident killed two people on the Dan Ryan Expressway.
College student Lydia Young was traveling from Milwaukee to Chicago when, she says, the guy sitting next to her rubbed her leg and put his hand on her thigh a few times. It got worse, CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
The victim, believed to be in his 60s, had both of his legs run over by the bus near Oak Park, an emergency official said.
Twenty-six people were injured Friday afternoon when a CTA bus struck a pole on the South Side.
A man says a CTA bus driver kicked him and his boyfriend off a bus for kissing, and they are considering filing a lawsuit.
A South Side man sentenced to 70 years in prison for killing a teenage girl on a CTA bus apologized in court Thursday, claiming the death was “an accident.”
An 81-year-old Evanston man is dead, after he was hit by a CTA bus while riding his bike earlier this week.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!