“Water quality makes a tremendous difference in how we can interact with the river, but also provides us jobs; it provides us business revenue,” said Friends of the Chicago River executive director Margaret Frisbie.
Wisconsin is stepping up its efforts to attract manufacturers from Illinois.
To be the best in Chicago, you have to think like the best in Chicago.
So there may be a hockey season after-all, and nobody seems to be happier than those who operate businesses near the United Center.
The Emanuel administration highlighted new industry partnerships with city college campuses, which are becoming increasingly vocational.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) says Motorola Mobility’s decision to relocate to Chicago from Libertyville is another example of Mayor Rahm Emanuel raiding the suburbs to help city.
Increased security, street closures and uncertainty about protests has companies such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield telling its workers to telecommute on May 18 and 20.
Dress down for the NATO protests if you work downtown? Both protesters and a security consultant for the NATO summit are laughing off suggestions that downtown office workers dress casually to avoid becoming targets of protesters.
A little over two weeks until the NATO summit is held in Chicago and one of the businesses in the shadow of McCormick Place plans to not only be open but hopefully do well.
Restaurateurs in the trendy Near West Side neighborhood that is home to Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo studios say they are struggling.
What has been called one of the greatest economic tools available in Illinois will disappear unless lawmakers take action.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford says it’s time for long-range planning to come to government, and the state should be run more like a business.
A suburban small business on the brink of collapse is now thriving again, thanks to an outpouring of community support.
Chicago high school and elementary school students on Wednesday showed off their numbers in the Stock Market Game, a statewide competition that teaches students to analyze companies, pick stocks and manage risk.
Not everyone is thrilled about the sweeping redevelopment project that will bring a new hotel and university office building to Hyde Park.
A Chicago business owner claims he felt pressured into signing up for a service, and now he’s being sued for more than $17,000 to fulfill a contract. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel — who prides himself on open government — is defending the secrecy that surrounds the work of his business group World Business Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is proposing changing city licensing ordinances to do away with 16 types of city inspections.
Gov. Pat Quinn is leaving for China on Friday, in hopes of bolstering the state’s economic relationship with the country.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is teaming up with Groupon to launch Chicago Ideas Week, a forum for all kinmds of ideas from technology to the arts.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!