Target has broken ground for a new store in the heart of what used to be Cabrini-Green–and promising 200 new jobs after the store opens a year from now.
A Chicago man is being held on $750,000 bond for allegedly attacking a woman Sunday morning as she jogged in the Old Town Triangle over the weekend.
Jennifer Hudson recently befriended the victim of another horrendous crime, according to a report Tuesday.
A man is dead and a woman was in police custody Wednesday morning, after a domestic stabbing in a Near North Side apartment.
Two boys – ages 13 and 14 – were among four killed, and at least 31 others were wounded in shootings in Chicago over the weekend.
Parents who oppose a longer school day at a Near North Side elementary school say a new survey shows what they’ve been saying all along.
A missing 12-year old north suburban boy has been found safe in Chicago.
A 70-year-old man says burglars tortured him with a red-hot spoon in his apartment in the old Cabrini-Green neighborhood, and stole the van he uses for his disabled son.
Two teenage girls charged with helping steal and crash a Lexus in River North are in even more trouble, now facing charges for attacking and beating a 10-year-old girl in the old Cabrini-Green neighborhood last week.
A joyride in a stolen Lexus ended in a crash in River North that left a 14-year-old girl in critical condition, and a man and another teenage girl behind bars.
The Chicago Housing Authority is relocating 33 families living in row houses at what remains of the Cabrini-Green public housing development.
Demolition has begun on the last high-rise standing in the Cabrini-Green public housing development.
A new Target store may be coming to the former site one of the many high-rises in the Cabrini-Green public housing development.
A Cabrini-Green resident accused of harboring drug dealers cannot be evicted because an official forgot to check a box on her lease agreement, a Cook County judge has ruled.
After 58 years, the once-sprawling Cabrini-Green housing complex finally closes its last high-rise today after the last tenant moved out today.
The last family is moving out of the sole remaining high-rise in the Cabrini-Green public housing development.
A federal judge told the two families still living in the last remaining Cabrini-Green public housing development high-rise to move out within 10 days.
The Chicago Housing Authority wants a federal judge to approve the closure of the last high-rise at the Cabrini-Green public housing project.
The last residents are moving out of the last high-rise of Cabrini-Green public housing development, but some say they are not ready to go.
Phoebe Naoum has taken over the Old Town shop her popular husband ran.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!