Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
-Two men were driven to an area hospital early Saturday after they were each shot in the leg in the Southwest Side Brighton Park neighborhood.
A 28-year-old southwest side man was still in the hospital Saturday — as a judge set bond at $150,000 for charges stemming from his Thanksgiving Day attack on a CTA bus driver, its passengers and police officers.
Two men are dead and at least six others wounded from gun violence in Chicago since Friday evening.
Five people were hospitalized earlier Saturday when a Chicago Transit Authority bus and a car were involved in an accident on Kedzie Avenue, in the Brighton Park neighborhood.
Preliminary work begins Tuesday on safety improvements at the pedestrian crossing where a Cook County Corrections officer was killed in a hit-and-run accident this summer.
A man was electrocuted early Wednesday on the CTA Blue Line tracks in the Logan Square neighborhood, and police do not know who he was and how he got there.
Hundreds of mourners gathered Thursday morning to say goodbye to a wife, mother and Cook County correctional officer who was hit and killed by a speeding van last week.
Chicago police confirm they are talking with a “person of interest” in the hit-and-run that killed a Cook County correctional officer Wednesday night.
Two suspects are being sought for forcing a woman into a vehicle and sexually assaulting her on the West Side early Saturday.
One man was in police custody Thursday morning, after holding Chicago Police officers and SWAT teams at bay for more than three hours in the Logan Square neighborhood.
A Chicago Police sergeant was hospitalized Wednesday morning, after his squad car and a sport-utility vehicle collided on the city’s Southwest Side.
An adult and a baby were struck and injured by a car Tuesday on the city’s Southwest Side.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Two Southwest Side men are charged this morning with carrying out a series of carjackings. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, police say James Mitchell, 37, and Arredeus Green, 21, both of […]
Police are warning people on the city’s Near West and Northwest sides about a robber on the loose who has been targeting women.
A man was found shot to death in a suspected suicide early Tuesday, near the scene of a fire that broke out in a house in the Beverly neighborhood.
The young mother who left her child at a West Side fire station Monday morning was crying and said, ‘I can’t take it anymore,’ a firefighter says.
A serial mugger is on the loose on the city’s Near Northwest Side, targeting women in the trendy Wicker Park and Logan Square neighborhoods.
Four people, including two children, were hurt Friday morning in a fire that broke out in an apartment building in the Little Village neighborhood, just a block from the Cook County Criminal Courthouse and Jail complex.
The blasting winds resulted in serious damage overnight, from bricks that came crashing down onto parked cars to dangerous electrical fires. Huge waves from the wind also forced the closure of part of Chicago’s Lakefront Bike Path.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!