Eastbound travel has resumed on Interstate 80/94 after a morning crash closed the expressway to one direction of travel Monday morning.
A year-old toddler – briefly the subject of an Amber Alert on Thursday – was found safe hours after the car he was sitting in was taken following a burglary at a Hammond, Ind. fireworks store.
Quick action by Chicago firefighters saved two people from a burning building in the Roseland neighborhood overnight.
A senior citizen is refusing to leave her South Side home, even though it’s literally crumbling around her.
A gunman opened fire on a van on the city’s South Side overnight, sending the driver of the van careening into a CTA bus before he died of a gunshot wound to the chest.
A gunman who held hostages for nearly six hours Friday at a Valparaiso real-estate office fatally shot himself and ended a standoff with police.
Parking restrictions are now in effect as the clock counts down to the NATO Summit.
A mother and her 1-year-old daughter were shot and wounded while sleeping in the bedroom of their own home in the West Pullman neighborhood overnight.
Two men were shot early Sunday at a party in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood.
Hundreds of people came to a Roman Catholic Church on Chicago’s South Side Wednesday to get free groceries for Thanksgiving meals.
At least 10 people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city between Saturday afternoon and early Sunday — one day after a man was killed and a lest seven others wounded by gunfire.
A woman whose body was found in a vacant lot near Washington Park over the weekend was strangled, an autopsy determined on Monday.
A woman was found dead in a vacant lot on the South Side Sunday morning.
MUNSTER, Ind. (CBS) – Authorities have released surveillance photographs of a man who robbed a bank in a heavily traveled area of Munster. A while male, approximately 30 to 40 years old, walked into the […]
A 23-year-old South Side man is expected in bond court Thursday, accused of killing his girlfriend’s 18-month-old son.
There was a frantic search early this morning for a car stolen at gunpoint on the city’s South Side, with a 1-year-old boy in the back seat.
Charges have been filed in a police shooting on the city’s South Side.
A man was shot and killed Monday night as he walked home in the Far South Side’s Roseland neighborhood.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 2 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 2 hours ago