A DuPage County judge has overruled objections from both sides and will allow cameras into the courtroom for a high-profile murder trial next month.
The Chicago Transit Authority is hoping to catch more crime on camera.
CTA officials say their system of more than 17,000 cameras is dramatically reducing crime on the system.
The Illinois Supreme Court will issue an order Monday permitting live broadcast coverage of trials in DuPage County.
Cook County’s chief judge says his court system should be ready to introduce cameras in courtrooms by the end of the year, although Illinois Supreme Court officials say there’s no specific timetable for putting them in place.
Searching for a terrific camera that will help capture your memories? Then look no further than these Chicago area stores.
The mother and father of twin 3-year-old daughters want to keep their names private — but not their battle. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A church in Indiana has removed its pastor, after he was arrested for allegedly disguising two hidden video cameras as air fresheners and hiding them in the women’s toilet stalls at the church.
Televised trials are coming to two more counties not far from Chicago.
Police officers are using a new tool to catch criminals and protect themselves from bogus allegations. Some departments are beginning to have officers wear cameras on their uniforms, and they also are equipping stun guns with cameras. CBS 2′s Dave Savini looks at this new technology and the controversy around it.
Courtrooms in northwestern Illinois will be the first in the state to allow cameras.
Chief judges in circuit courts around the state are considering the Illinois Supreme Court’s decision to allow cameras and microphones in courtrooms.
For the first time in Illinois history, cameras will be allowed in circuit courtrooms.
Another effort is under way to require broadcast audio and video coverage of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy is acknowledging there were “issues” with the cameras inside the Calumet District police lockup on the city’s Far South Side, where two inmates hanged themselves within four days.
You might not know it yet, but coming soon to a street corner near you could be traffic speed traps – maybe a lot more of them than Mayor Rahm Emanuel discussed last week.
Ford Motor Company brought cars and dreams of safer roads to Yorktown Shopping Center on Wednesday to demonstrate new systems that foresee crashes and head them off with WiFi, radar and GPS.
A history-making hearing took place Wednesday afternoon in the Drew Peterson case.
The Drew Peterson case could be opening the door to more TV cameras in Illinois courtrooms.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!