As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
The complaint, filed by Romeoville Trustee Ken Griffin – an ally of the current mayor, John Noak – accuses McMichael’s campaign of violating a number of rules, including missing deadlines and failing to identify who paid for campaign mailings.
There were more jobs out there, but also more people looking for them. And both candidates tried to use that fact to their advantage, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has been off the campaign trail and absent from Congress since he was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder in June. This weekend he spoke to his constituents.
Alex Okrent, 29, had worked with Obama’s organization since 2004.
Cook County Commissioner William Beavers lashed out at U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, saying the prosecutor has caused the suicides of three people through “Gestapo-type tactics.”
Former Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson is set to formally announce she will run against Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. in the Democratic primary in the 2nd District next year.
There’s a battle brewing over public education in Gary, Indiana.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel will join Carol Moseley Braun as she holds a fundraiser to pay off her campaign debt on Thursday night.
President Barack Obama headed back to Washington today, after a big night on the town to kick off his reelection campaign.
Social worker James Cappleman will succeed 24-year veteran Ald. Helen Shiller to represent the Uptown neighborhood’s 46th Ward in the City council.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel succeeded in the mayoral race by connecting with people across the city, and raising money far in excess of any of his opponents, explains CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
The race for mayor is down to the home stretch, with polls set to open in less than 24 hours. CBS 2′s Susanna Song reports.
Chicago mayoral candidate and former U.S. Sen. Carol Moseley Braun has appeared at a church on the city’s South Side.
Former President Bill Clinton will campaign in support of former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel’s bid for Chicago mayor.
Chicago for Rahm Emanuel has released its first TV spot online Sunday.
Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica says he plans to file a civil rights lawsuit against the village of McCook.
Chicago’s Better Government Association has nothing against letting voters recall a governor, but the executive director says the proposal now on the ballot is dangerous and problematic.
The races for governor and the U.S. Senate are going down to the wire Monday, as candidates from both sides make the most of their last day to campaign.
It’s down to the wire for many of the candidates who are in the final stretch of the weekend push to get to votes.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!