James Bond “power-rankings,” from Cantankerous Critic Michael Walters.
“Skyfall” breathes new life into Bond and delivers one of the best Bond movies of all time.
By all accounts this should have been a home run, designed to tug the heartstrings and educate at the same time.
“Wreck-It-Ralph” is a sort of 8-bit “Toy Story,” populated by characters from classic video games, and is sure to warm the hearts of parents who spent too much time with the Nintendo as a child.
CBS 2′s Michael Walters is mostly up on “Flight,” thanks to the usual strong effort by Denzel Washington as a self-sabotaging airline pilot.
CBS 2′s Michael Walters says the offbeat “The Sessions” tells a difficult tale with warmth and humor — and Oscar-caliber performances.
CBS 2′s Michael Walters is impressed with “Argo,” Ben Affleck’s movie about a daring, seemingly improbable rescue during the Iran hostage crisis.
In “Here Comes The Boom” Kevin James pretty much said hey wouldn’t it be funny if I played a UFC fighter? And then they left it at that. But James and the jokes land with a resounding thud over and over and over again. “Here Comes The Boom” is more like Here Comes The Bomb.
“Taken 2” is a relentless machine of a movie that cares little for plot, characters, or competently filmed action sequences in its rush to get from point a to point b.
The “Cantankerous Critic” reviews “Frankenweenie”
“Hotel Transylvania” should be condemned. It’s a frightfully unfunny animated monstrosity that treats laughs as though they were garlic coated silver bullets.
“The Possession” Rated: PG-13 Grade: D “The Possession” tries to pass itself off as a Jewish “Exorcist,” but all it is is a second rate Exorcist rip-off in payot. This time the sweet innocent girl […]
Bootleggers have been an intriguing and entertaining subject for the movies since the glory days of James Cagney. So “Lawless,” the new drama about Moonshiners operating above the law in Appalachia, should have been terrific.
Robert Pattinson wants a haircut. And “Cosmopolis” takes us on a limo trip straight into the hell as he fights crosstown traffic to get one.
“Hit And Run” is a gear-head car chase comedy that doesn’t just run out of gas, it never even gets out of the driveway.
‘The Expendables 2′ Rated R Grade C+ By Michael Walters The Cantankerous Critic “The Expendables 2” is the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. This meathead extravaganza contains about 15 minutes of decipherable dialogue and about […]
“The Odd Life of Timothy Green” could have aired on “The Wonderful World Of Disney” and fit right in without a hitch. And that’s both its strength and its weakness.
In some ways, “The Bourne Legacy” seems like a simpler, back to basics approach to the Bourne series.
In the immortal words of Bill Murray in “Scrooged,” “Oh my gosh, did that suck.”
Somehow I had gone through life without seeing any of the previous three “Step Up” films. Well, let me tell you after watching the fourth film “Step Up Revolution” I’m in no hurry to put any of those previous movies in my Netflix.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 11 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 11 hours ago