State and local police say they’re beefing up traffic patrol as we move toward the Memorial Day weekend and the summer travel season, reports WBBM’s Bernie Tafoya.
A teenager was killed in a crash that injured four others on Sunday in Minooka.
For the second time this weekend, police officers were sent the hospital, following a traffic accident.
The conductor of a Norfolk Southern freight train that collided with a car in Chicago’s south side Hegewisch neighborhood today saw the driver go around the tracks, but the train couldn’t stop in time.
A 17-year-old Orland Park girl suffered life-threatening injuries Friday morning when she was hit by a car in south suburban Olympia Fields, and a 21-year-old Park Forest man is facing charges for providing her with liquor before the incident, police said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol was involved in a West Side crash that killed a Cicero woman and left a car split in half.
Chicago police are dealing with the loss of one of their own, an off-duty officer was killed Friday night, after her vehicle flipped on the Skyway at 10:40 p.m. Friday.
Two women were killed Saturday night following a car crash in west suburban Lyons.
Two men were killed and a woman was injured in a traffic crash early Sunday in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood on the Far Southwest Side, police said.
Two suspects were in custody, and police were searching for a third, after an SUV that was fleeing from police flipped over in Roscoe Village.
A car crashed into a jewelry store early Saturday in the North Side Albany Park neighborhood.
A woman was hospitalized in critical condition after a vehicle crashed into a beauty salon Thursday evening on the West Side.
Four members of a prominent Naperville family have been killed in a tragic traffic accident while on vacation in India.
Teams were working to restore power to a section of southwest suburban Lemont following a power outage caused by a car that crashed into a utility pole.
A Riverdale woman has been charged after she allegedly plowed a car into a Chili’s restaurant, which burst into flames injuring her and seven patrons inside the Far South Side eatery late Saturday.
A motorist and her passenger were injured when the vehicle she was driving crashed into a corner store Saturday afternoon in the Brainerd neighborhood on the South Side.
Three people were injured Tuesday night when a car crashed into an oncoming van, apparently during an attempted drive-by shooting.
Eleven people were hospitalized following a traffic crash on the Southwest Side Sunday afternoon in the Gage Park neighborhood.
A third person has died from an early Sunday head-on crash apparently caused by a driver going the wrong direction in Lyons.
A 60-year-old man died Monday after a crashing a vehicle in west suburban McCook.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!