Police have issued an alert to Near West Side residents, warning that thieves using tow trucks have been taking older cars off the streets at night.
Lake County police are investigating a possible officer-involved shooting in East Chicago that began Tuesday night with a traffic stop in the 4500 block of Euclid Avenue, Chief Mark Becker said Wednesday.
A man who used a BB gun to steal a restaurant employee’s car last summer in southwest suburban Orland Park has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
Two Chicago sisters who normally leave their cars idling so the vehicles can warm up had them stolen Friday morning. CBS 2′s Chris Martinez reports.
Car theft is too common a crime in Chicago, with more than 16,000 last year alone. One Chicago car owner took a drastic step to prevent thieves from taking his ride.
Call it a productive bust. When police caught a man red-handed stealing a car from a northwest suburban dealership last week, they also ended solving a business burglary and a counterfeit case.
Three Chicago police officers were recovering, after a car thief went on a wild ride Sunday morning through the Gold Coast neighborhood.
An Indiana car dealer is calling it “the craziest” idea for stealing a vehicle.
Though murders have increased 27.3 percent compared to last January, there was a “double-digit’’ drop in overall crime last month, police said.
A man is accused of breaking his wife’s nose, then stealing her car while she was in the emergency room.
Authorities say young joyriders are to blame.
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.117
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!