carbon monoxide poisoning
Someone in the home at 601 Rose Dr. called 911 at 6 a.m. to report a medical emergency. When firefighters and paramedics arrived, they found nine people – children and adults – suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Crews responded to a call for assistance at a garage in the 8100 block of Keating Avenue about 5:45 a.m. Saturday, according to Skokie police. A 21-year-old man and 18-year-old woman were found dead at the scene.
An elderly couple were found dead Saturday in the South Shore neighborhood, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.
Police were called to the home Wednesday to conduct a well-being check, after relatives called to say they hadn’t heard from the family since Saturday.