A squirrel ran across home plate in the fifth inning of the NL division series game between the Phillies and Cardinals on Wednesday night.
Alfonso Soriano dealt the St. Louis’ wild-card hopes another serious blow with his first home run of the month, a tiebreaking three-run shot in the eighth inning that sent the Chicago Cubs over the Cardinals 5-1 Friday night.
Albert Pujols hit his 31st home run and Yadier Molina homered twice as the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 6-2 on Sunday night.
Ryan Theriot, overcoming a recent slump, rapped four hits and drove in three runs Saturday to help the St. Louis Cardinals overcome a five-run deficit in a 13-5 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
Former Major League closer Lee Smith spent the first eight seasons of his 18-year career playing for the Cubs. Over those eight seasons the Cubs had a wining record only once, but the right-hander still looks back fondly on his days on the North Side.
St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols will be out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured left forearm.
Carlos Zambrano has been quite the “character” during his time with the Chicago Cubs. From his outbursts at himself, the umpires, the media, his teammates and seemingly anything or anyone else that gets in his way, Carlos is never one to hide how he really feels.
A 10-game road trip is tough enough for a team, but when you look at the teams the Chicago Cubs will face, starting with the St. Louis Cardinals, the road trip gets even tougher.
Last weekend I was out of town visiting some friends and I was wrapping up the trip and saying goodbye, I gave a couple of my buddies a hug. Good thing we are not in Major League Baseball or this might have turned out to be a big deal.
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Casey Coleman gave up six earned runs in 4.1 innings pitched and the Chicago Cubs dropped the series finale to the rival St. Louis Cardinals 9-1.
A picture of Chicago Cubs general manager Jim Hendry hugging St. Louis Cardinals superstar Albert Pujols before Tuesday night’s game cause plenty a stir. But all the talk about the hug was brushed off by Hendry.
Albert Pujols is considered one of the best players in the history of baseball. He’s played his entire 11-year career for the St. Louis Cardinals, but will be the biggest free agent in the history of the game during the offseason.
The Chicago Cubs out-hit the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night, but weren’t able to convert those hits into enough runs to get a victory.
St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa will miss Tuesday’s series opener agaisnt the Chicago Cubs while he receives treatment for an eye problem.
In his five season with the Chicago Cubs, Ryan Theriot became one of the more popular players among the fans. But when he returns to Wrigley Field with his new team, he might not get such a warm reception.
If we were really paying attention, we would have seen this coming.
After a 4-3 road trip, the Chicago Cubs will return home for nine games with their sights set on getting their back on track.
If there is one thing I have learned from being a Chicago Cubs fan my whole life, it is the uncanny ability to be overly-optimistic about the teams’ chances during the summer.
The Chicago Cubs open their 2011 season on Friday when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates. After a rocky spring training, do the Cubs have what it takes to compete in the National League Central?
Albert Pujols is arguably the best player in baseball today, and as a result his impending free agency will garner a lot of attention throughout the season.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!