An elderly woman suffered minor injuries during a carjacking Wednesday in southwest suburban Tinley Park, Mayor Ed Zabrocki said Thursday.
Police are looking for two suspects who shot a gas station attendant during an attempted carjacking on the Dan Ryan Expressway.
A northwest Indiana man who was out walking a dog Saturday night helped nab the two boys, who were running from a stolen SUV.
It started as a test drive, but within seconds a Chicago car salesman was knocked to the ground when a carjacker hit him with the car and drove away. It was the third in a string of carjackings at auto dealerships in the area in recent weeks.
Police are searching for the carjackers who stole a car in the Loop early Wednesday morning.
Two men have been charged with robbing an off-duty Chicago Police officer of his badge and wallet early Wednesday on the Far South Side, then carjacking another man shortly afterwards.
A man suspected of carjacking an SUV has been arrested and taken to a hospital after crashing the vehicle into a Logan Square building while fleeing from police.
An 80-year-old man was carjacked and beaten by four women whom he gave a ride Wednesday evening in the Englewood neighborhood.
The owner of a tricked out conversion van was carjacked on the West Side early Saturday, but the three suspects didn’t get far because he was able to remotely turn off its ignition.
Police are searching for a carjacking suspect who ran away while police shot at him in the South Side’s Burnside neighborhood.
A man jumped out of a moving vehicle to escape a carjacking but the van plowed over a small tree and hit the side of a West Side police station early Saturday. No one was hurt.
There was a frantic search early this morning for a car stolen at gunpoint on the city’s South Side, with a 1-year-old boy in the back seat.
Suspected carjackers made one miscalculation early Monday morning after allegedly taking a car from a man on the city’s West Side.
Carmine Calderazzo had made a quick pit stop at a Southwest Side Walgreens to buy some chewing gum for her elderly father before a trip to Midway Airport where the octogenarian was to meet his fiancée.
A crash following a carjacking in Morton Grove has left one man dead and a woman critically injured.
Bond was set at $3 million for a Chicago man accused of trying to rob a Subway restaurant, then carjacking a taxi and leading police on a chase through the north suburbs which ended in a crash on the North Side.
A South Haven, Ind. woman’s former newspaper delivery person robbed her at gunpoint and also stole her car, the 68-year-old told police.
A teenager from Chicago has been charged with carjacking after hitting a motorist over the head with a crowbar in Villa Park and then leading police on a chase that ended with the teen jumping out of the moving car.
Robber had taken his cell phone but cabbie had a backup.
A man was shot in the leg during a carjacking Sunday morning in the South Shore community on the South Side.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!