And with the 94-91 Game 5 loss in Miami, the 2012-13 Chicago Bulls are nothing more than a memory.
Carlos Boozer finished with 26 points and 14 rebounds for the Bulls, who were without Derrick Rose for the 99th straight game. Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler missed potential tying 3-pointers on the final possession of the season for Chicago, which dropped the last four games of the series.
As I sit and type this out it feels like I’m back in the fall dissecting numbers to quantify Jay Cutler putting up a clunker of a performance in an important game. Except it’s not fall and the game isn’t being played outdoors.
It was the biggest postseason win in Miami Heat history, and the biggest postseason loss in Chicago Bulls history.
Joakim Noah had 24 points and 14 rebounds, Marco Belinelli also scored 24 points and the Chicago Bulls beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-93 on Saturday night in Game 7 of their first-round series.
Nate Robinson, who was battling the flu and seen vomiting on the Bulls bench finished with 18 points while playing 42 minutes. After a draining game for him, Robinson sat quietly at his locker before addressing the media:
“You just have got to muster up enough energy,” Robinson said, “no excuses”.
Nate Robinson scored 34 points, and the Chicago Bulls wiped out a 14-point deficit late in regulation and beat the Brooklyn Nets 142-134 in triple overtime Saturday to take a 3-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.
Carlos Boozer had 19 points and 15 rebounds to help the Chicago Bulls clinch the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference with a 95-92 win over the Washington Wizards in the regular-season finale Wednesday night.
LeBron James scored 24 points, Dwyane Wade added 22 and the Miami Heat set a franchise record for home wins in a season, topping the Chicago Bulls 105-93 on Sunday.
John Wall had 27 points, nine assists and eight rebounds, Emeka Okafor scored the go-ahead dunk in the final minute and the Washington Wizards won their eighth straight home game Tuesday night, beating the temperamental Chicago Bulls 90-86.
Dirk Nowitzki hit a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left and the Dallas Mavericks rallied to beat the Chicago Bulls 100-98 on Saturday.
The Miami Heat’s 27-game winning streak was snapped Wednesday night by the Chicago Bulls, 101-97, when a furious comeback by LeBron James and his teammates fell short.
Embarrassed one game, handing out humiliation the next.
Such is life for the Chicago Bulls right now.
Everyone is offering an opinion on Derrick Rose. It wouldn’t shock me if Jack Nicholson or the Dali Lama penned a thought on the Bulls fragile franchise star.
Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was standing next to his team’s bench late in the fourth quarter, hands in his pockets and a grimace on his face. The pained expression and the negative body language were the result of another Bulls loss, this one in embarrassing fashion.
Russell Westbrook scored 23 points, Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka both contributed double-doubles and the Thunder held Chicago to the worst shooting performance in the NBA this season, beating the Bulls 102-72 on Sunday night.
Luol Deng scored 20 points and the Chicago Bulls snapped a two-game skid with a 96-87 victory over the New Orleans Hornets on Tuesday night.
Kevin Garnett scored eight of his 12 points in the fourth quarter and added 11 rebounds, and the Boston Celtics overcame poor shooting to beat the Chicago Bulls 71-69 Wednesday night.
After dealing with foul trouble most of the night, Carlos Boozer got mad.
The Chicago Bulls’ six-game road trip hasn’t gone as well as they’d hoped, and ending it on a positive note won’t come easy against a Utah Jazz team playing extremely well at home.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!