Paul Konerko spent a lot of time hitting alongside Carlos Quentin when the outfielder was with the White Sox. And he had a front row seat to some of the history between Quentin and pitcher Zack Greinke when Greinke was with the Royals.
Jedd Gyorko is there to provide a solid bat in the lineup, and he could very well emerge as one of the league’s best offensive second baseman.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
The Chicago Cubs stopped their 12-game losing streak as Alfonso Soriano hit a go-ahead home run Monday in an 11-7 win over the San Diego Padres.
The Chicago White Sox have acquired pitchers Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez from the San Diego Padres in exchange for outfielder Carlos Quentin.
After injuring his left shoulder while making a diving catch in August, White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin is fully recovered.
(WSCR) According to a report from The Score’s Chris Rongey, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen doesn’t believe Carlos Quentin will play again this season. Quentin has been sidelined with a shoulder injury suffered on Aug. […]
Carlos Quentin was re-activated from the disabled list Monday, but is not in the lineup against the Detroit Tigers.
White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin left Chicago’s game against the Texas Rangers on Saturday night after making a diving catch in the top of the first inning.
Juan Pierre’s game-ending single in the 14th inning capped a wild, five-hour marathon as the Chicago White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 8-7 on Tuesday night.
Just when it seemed as if the Chicago White Sox were doomed to play out the string in a losing season, they put together their longest winning streak of the year.
Carlos Quentin hit two home runs and had four RBIs, Mark Buehrle was sharp after a rough first inning, and the Chicago White Sox beat the Minnesota Twins 5-3 on Friday night to snap a six-game losing streak.
Derek Jeter had five hits, Curtis Granderson drove in five runs and the surging New York Yankees pounded Gavin Floyd and the Chicago White Sox 18-7 on Wednesday night.
There’s a chance the White Sox could have an opening for Dayan Viciedo, but the outfielder might not be ready.
Alejandro De Aza returned to the majors Wednesday and it sure looks as if he plans on staying for a while. De Aza hit a two-run homer in his first at-bat of the season and the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Wednesday.
Sergio Santos threw a wild pitch in the 11th inning that allowed Alex Gordon to score, giving the Kansas City Royals a 2-1 victory Wednesday night.
Danny Duffy returned from the minors to toss seven sharp innings, Matt Treanor delivered a go-ahead two-run single in the sixth and the light-hitting Kansas City Royals hung on to beat the Chicago White Sox 4-2 on Tuesday night.
Adam Dunn will sit tonight as the White Sox take on lefty Danny Duffy in Kansas City. Dunn is just 2-for-64 against lefties this season and only has 15 hits in his last 120 at-bats (.120).
Steve Stone believes the next 12 games — all against AL Central opponents — will decide whether the White Sox are buyers or sellers.
The Cubs and White Sox had a combined three players in Tuesday’s All-Star Game at Chase Field, but none of them played a large role in the outcome.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.450
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!