Carol Stream Police Searching For Suspects Who Drained Town Center FountainPolice in Carol Stream are on the lookout for three people who drained tens of thousands of gallons of water from the Town Center fountain over the weekend.
Flooding Slowly Recedes Amid Dry Conditions TuesdayThe rain might have stopped falling hours ago, but most of the Chicago area remained under a flood warning Tuesday morning, with many streets still covered in water from a series of storms that dropped nearly 5 inches of water in some suburbs.
Is Your Fire Extinguisher Ready For An Emergency?If the worst happens -- a fire in your home -- will your extinguisher function properly? CBS 2's Chris Martinez reports.
Carol Stream Couples Celebrate 1,000 Combined Years Of MarriageBelmont Village, an assisted living facility for seniors in Carol Stream, hosted a Valentine’s lunch for all 17 couples living there; complete with flowers, a piano player, and sparkling cider. Each couple has been married for at least 48 years.
Man Killed In Explosion At Carol Stream Manufacturing PlantChad Nelson, 35, was welding metal machinery about 9:30 p.m. at Maac Machinery at 590 Tower Blvd. in Carol Stream when there was a “catastrophic failure,” according to the DuPage County coroner’s office. An estimated 200-gallon air tank exploded while being tested for leaks.
Detained Motorist Phoned In False Report Of Robbery To Avoid Ticket: PoliceMichael Cooper, 25, of Bellwood faces one count of attempted disorderly conduct, Glendale Heights Police said Friday.
Man Suspected In Three Bank Robberies Strikes AgainThe most recent robbery happened Wednesday at the BMO Harris Bank branch at 10705 Broadway in Crown Point, according to the FBI.
Suburban Firefighters Practice For Icy RescuesCBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot was in Carol Stream where firefighter paramedics performed a rescue drill in the freezing water of a local pond.
Rescue Dog: Firefighters Save Trapped BeagleLayla is one lucky dog.
Substitute Teacher Uses Racial Epithet During Discussion With StudentsWas it a conversation about race and culture, a lapse in judgment -- or worse? As CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports, it depends who you ask.
Space Heaters Can Be Dangerous, Fire Officials Warn This week's fatal fire in Hammond, Ind. is a terrible reminder of how dangerous space heaters can be, if they're not used properly. CBS 2's Chris Martinez reports.
Fire Chief Claims He's Being Fired For Refusing To Cover Up Paramedic's NegligenceBattalion Chief Joseph Gilles said his investigation determined that a paramedic did not do her job the night she responded to a call about an 81-year-old woman who choked on food at a family party.