Little Shawna Lea Wolf, his firstborn, was only 2 months old when she died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome in 1987 in their Carpentersville home.
A northwest suburban Carpentersville woman is facing criminal charges after she allegedly locked her 8-year-old daughter out of their home.
A teachers’ strike in the state’s sixth largest school district has ended, after Community Unit School District 300 in the northwest suburbs reached a tentative contract agreement with its 1,300 union teachers.
Teachers in Community Unit School District 300 will strike Tuesday, according to the Local Education Association of District 300.
By a margin of 97 percent in favor, the Local Educators Association of District 300 — the teachers union in Carpentersville — ratified a resolution Sunday to authorize a strike.
A 4-year-old boy playing with a lighter started a fire that destroyed a home in Carpentersville Thursday.
A southwest suburban Carpentersville woman was killed Saturday morning when the SUV she was driving struck a wall on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway, then rolled over and ejected her.
“Unreal” is how a Chicago area man describes the scene in Oak Creek, Wisc., after seven people were killed — including the alleged gunman — in a shooting at a Sikh temple on Sunday.
Booming cracks of thunder awoke the Chicago area overnight, but many homeowners are finding more than just rain on the streets outside.
Three more batches of mosquitoes collected recently have tested positive for West Nile Virus, the Kane County health Department said Friday.
A 39-year-old man shot his 39-year-old girlfriend, then took his own life outside a friend’s home less than a half hour later Friday night, police said.
CBS 2’s Bill Kurtis reports how Tom Roeser, using good old capitalism, has been leading the charge to revitalize a struggling town.
One local franchise chain is just about ready to release this summer a unique collaborative taste-treat.
Dundee-Crown High School in Carpentersville was placed on lockdown Friday amid reports of a man with a gun.
A Carpentersville man is being held on $3 million bond on multiple heinous crimes – including beating a woman with a hammer, raping an 8-year-old girl, and stabbing a dog.
Community Unit School District 300 in northwest suburban Algonquin is reminding parents to talk to their children about “the dangers of stranger interaction” after the second reported attempted child abduction within the district in the last two weeks.
A police drug sting in the northwestern suburbs has riled up some parents of children who attend a school located near where the sting took place.
A police chase that started in northwest suburban Carpentersville on Tuesday ended more than 20 miles away in Itasca when police shot the suspect.
Two men are accused of robbing people of the items they are selling on Craigslist, then going back to the Web site to resell the items themselves. They were caught when one of their alleged victims turned the tables.
A northwest suburban school superintendent is trying to keep Sears headquarters in his district with a more evenhanded approach than hundreds of protestors who don’t care if Sears stays or goes.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!