Struggling Cubs pitcher Randy Wells has cleared waiver and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Iowa, the Cubs announced Friday.
It didn’t exactly compare to some of the fireworks of the past between the Cubs and White Sox. In fact, no one really seemed to notice it.
Gavin Floyd pitched four-hit ball into the seventh, Gordon Beckham homered, and the struggling Chicago White Sox beat the Cubs 7-0 Wednesday to avoid a three-game sweep.
The Chicago Cubs placed right-handed pitcher Carlos Marmol on the disabled list Saturday with a strained right hamstring, and called up right-handed pitcher Casey Coleman from Triple-A Iowa.
Cubs manager Dale Sveum will sit down with Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer Wednesday night and make the final roster decisions before the team breaks camp next week.
Geovany Soto hit two two-run homers and drove in all the Chicago Cubs’ runs in a 5-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Monday night.
Ten fruitless outings, three trips to the minors, and Casey Coleman still is searching for answers. The Chicago Cubs right-hander, winless in the majors since May 19, felt lost on the mound after lasting just 3 2-3 innings in a 7-2 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
Derrek Lee came off the disabled list and hit a go-ahead grand slam with two outs in the ninth inning to lift the Pittsburgh Pirates over the Chicago Cubs 7-5 on Saturday.
Craig Kimbrel tied a major league rookie record with his 40th save, Jason Heyward hit his first career grand slam, and the Atlanta Braves hung on to win their sixth straight, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-4 on Tuesday night.
Casey Coleman is hoping to impress the Chicago Cubs in his fourth stint with the team this season. He’s off to a rocky start.
A day after leaving the Cubs’ 5-4 loss to the Nationals in Washington, Marcos Mateo was placed on the 15-day disabled list.
The Cubs reportedly called up Chris Carpenter from Double-A Tennessee and sent Casey Coleman down to Triple-A Iowa Tuesday.
The Cubs get a much-needed arm in the starting rotation as Randy Wells was activated to make the start against the Pirates Saturday at Wrigley Field.
Cubs lose in a rain shortened game 7-4. After a 41 minute rain delay, the game was called in the top of the 7th.
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Randy Wells will make his first rehab start on Tuesday when he pitches for the Cubs’ Single-A affiliate, the Peoria Chiefs.
Making his sixth start of the 2011 season, Casey Coleman, once again had command issues that led to a big inning for the Cardinals’ offense.
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Casey Coleman gave up six earned runs in 4.1 innings pitched and the Chicago Cubs dropped the series finale to the rival St. Louis Cardinals 9-1.
Kosuke Fukudome hit a game-ending single as the Chicago Cubs scored twice in the ninth inning to beat the Cincinnati Reds 3-2 Saturday.
Daniel Hudson pitched seven solid innings and the Arizona Diamondbacks took advantage of some key mistakes by the Chicago Cubs in a 4-3 victory on Sunday.
The Chicago Cubs most recent homestand was marred with bad weather and postponed game, now the Cubs will head to warmer weather in hopes of changing the fortune of the team and starter Ryan Dempster.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!