Mayor Emanuel has backed legislation that would establish a Chicago gaming board to oversee a city casino operation. But speaking at a city club luncheon, Governor Quinn said state regulators must have the ultimate power of oversight.
Griffith Police believe that the person who kidnapped Mary Austgen may have taken two rings she was wearing during the abduction.
It’s not illegal, but it’s a bad bet, the BGA says. 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports.
The Griffith Indiana Police Department has released photos of a possible suspect believed to responsible for abducting 76-year-old Mary C. Austgen from her business on March 28.
Mayor Emanuel says Chicago children would be the beneficiaries if the state allows the city to have a gambling casino.
State Sen. Bill Cunningham (D-Chicago) said 20 percent of the revenue of the city-owned casino in Chicago should go to the city’s police and fire pension funds.
Gov. Pat Quinn has vetoed the casino expansion bill.
Gov. Pat Quinn has until Tuesday of next week to decide whether he will sign, reject or alter legislation expanding gambling in Illinois – and allowing a casino in Chicago.
Witnesses describe an expletive-filled phone call to Gov. Pat Quinn over how the governor has dealt with casino gambling and pension reform.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he is still pushing for the Illinois General Assembly to approve a bill expanding casino gambling on the state, and clearing the way for a Chicago casino.
The man accused of slapping the back of Devin Hester’s head at a Des Plaines casino in October pleaded guilty Thursday and avoided jail time.
A coalition of south suburban ministers said Monday that it’s not promoting gambling, but the ministers do want a casino in far south suburban Ford Heights.
The head of the Kane County Board is warning that the county has to wean itself from what she calls an unreliable source of revenue.
New figures seem to support the argument that new casinos cannibalize the profits of existing ones.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he and Gov. Pat Quinn should be able to work out their differences over legislation that would clear the way for a casino in Chicago, among other places.
Gov. Pat Quinn gave Mayor Rahm Emanuel a piece of his mind on Tuesday, telling him you can’t spend money from a Chicago casino that is still a long way from reality.
The Northwest Indiana casino market, like that in all the Chicago area, continued to decline last month, with only Ameristar in East Chicago showing some increase in revenues.
Gov. Pat Quinn is answering criticism from U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., and said Thursday that he will have plenty more to say soon about what he’s doing for the south suburbs.
Gov. Pat Quinn plans Thursday to meet with Illinois Gaming Board Chairman Aaron Jaffe, as the governor weighs whether to sign the bill that would dramatically expand gambling in Illinois.
If the massive gambling expansion bill now on Gov. Pat Quinn’s desk goes ahead, it would mean extremely tough competition for casinos in places such as Hammond, Ind., and Joliet.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!