A longtime Catholic leader in Chicago will be honored this weekend for his decades of service to the church.
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina has been chosen as the new leader of the world’s 1.2 billion Catholics, taking the name Pope Francis 1
As cardinals meet in Rome to elect a new Pope, Catholic women have been staging protests at the Vatican and around the U.S. to illustrate the lack of female inclusion in the Church’s hierarchy.
The conclave to elect a new pope to lead the Catholic Church will likely begin on March 11, sources tell CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
Roman Catholic cardinals held their first meeting Monday ahead of electing a new pope, but Cardinal Francis George said it’s still not clear when the conclave will begin.
Pope Benedict XVI ended his eight-year pontificate of the Catholic Church on Thursday, becoming the first pontiff in 600 years to resign.
The attorney general’s office cited conscientious convictions in refusing to fill prescriptions for the so-called “morning after” pill.
It is time to end the tax exempt status of religious organizations that advocated for a partisan candidate.
The pastor at St. Bernadette Catholic Church in Evergreen Park has resigned, and the Archdiocese of Chicago has removed him from public ministry.
The Diocese of Joliet says it is likely that a priest in the diocese engaged in the sexual abuse of a minor more than two decades ago. While the diocese looks further into the allegation, the priest has been placed on administrative leave.
A Catholic church in Chicago’s Boystown neighborhood is objecting to the proposed new route of the Gay Pride Parade.
The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests is denouncing plans by Roman Catholic bishops to update sex abuse guidelines, saying the update is nothing more than a public relations move.
Cardinal George on Wednesday suspended Father Michael Pfleger as pastor at St. Sabina’s, expressing frustration at Pfleger’s ongoing public statements regarding his tenuous future in the Chicago Archdiocese.
A priest from the Aurora-based Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, who had gained some celebrity as the chaplain for the Indianapolis 500, was quietly removed from the priesthood last December when allegations arose that he was a pedophile.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger is renewing a threat to leave the Catholic Church if forced out of his pastorship at St. Sabina Church.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!