Dion Waiters scored 25 points to help make up for the absence of Kyrie Irving, and the Cleveland Cavaliers snapped an 11-game losing streak against the Chicago Bulls with a 101-98 victory on Tuesday night.
Carlos Boozer had 24 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 118-92 rout of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night.
Richard Hamilton and Carlos Boozer each scored 19 points and the Chicago Bulls routed the Cleveland Cavaliers 115-86 on Friday night.
Dion Waiters scored 18 points while Anderson Varejao added eight points and nine rebounds to help the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Chicago Bulls 86-83 in an exhibition game at the Assembly Hall on Friday night.
John Lucas III scored a career-high 25 points, Joakim Noah had 13 points and 13 rebounds, and the Chicago Bulls clinched the top overall seed in the NBA playoffs with a 107-75 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night.
Luol Deng scored a season-high 24 points and Derrick Rose added 19 as the Chicago Bulls won their fifth straight, 112-91 on Friday night over the Cleveland Cavaliers, who were without rookie guard Kyrie Irving.
Derrick Rose missed his third straight game with a strained left big toe, but the Bulls barely missed the NBA’s reigning MVP and handed the Cavs their worst home loss.
Rarely has Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert passed up an opportunity to take a shot at his former superstar LeBron James, and Gilbert did it again shortly after the Heat lost to the Mavericks.
The fall of LeBron James from hometown superstar in Cleveland to league-wide villain was a quick transition that start quickly after James declared on national TV that he would join Dwyane Wade in Miami.
Hats off to LeBron James and the Miami Heat. Miami disposed of Boston 97-87 in Game 5 to close out the second-round playoff series on Wednesday night.
Robert “Tractor” Traylor, the former NBA lottery pick and University of Michigan player has died at the age of 34.
Now that the regular season is over, it’s time to find out what LeBron James and the Miami Heat are really made of. There’s not a player in the league that has more at stake in the 2011 playoffs than James.
The Bulls secured the top spot in the Eastern Conference awhile back and after winning their ninth straight game have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs.
LeBron James made his second appearance in Cleveland since he left the team for the Miami Heat. As expected, James was met with plenty of boos, but something unexpected happened during the player introductions.
Not every athlete is cut out to wear the black hat. Not all jocks are comfy behind Darth Vader’s mask. And very – very – few sports superstars can continue to thrive as one after they’ve also assumed the role of sports villain.
A year ago the Cleveland Cavaliers were a contender for an NBA title. One “decision” later and they’ve set an NBA record for consecutive losses.
On Saturday, the three-ring circus known as the Miami Heat will make their first appearance in Chicago since acquiring LeBron James and Chris Bosh as free-agents.
Some voices are as synonymous to a sport or a team as the players who wore the uniform. Think of Howard Cosell and Vin Scully, to name a few.
After two consecutive wins, the Bulls travel to Cleveland to try and make it three in a row against LeBron James’ old team.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!