Four NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.
Chicago’s street violence will be getting more national attention this weekend.
I don’t like the Bulls team we have seen lately, the one acting like undisciplined, unprofessional idiots while antagonizing officials and whining about calls.
By Dan Bernstein CBSChicago.com Senior Columnist (CBS) — The Blackhawks’ moral standards are now on paper, and they are public knowledge. In a letter to the Vice President/General Manager of Comcast Sports Net Chicago, team […]
When Bears GM Phil Emery uses a first-round pick on somebody you never even thought about, it’s because he’s been on that tip for a while, already. You know, before it was cool.
For one night, performance, geography, expectation and the choice of juxtaposition conspired to make something once so grand seem very small, and very far away.
Events! Winter has finally left Chicago and it’s time to go out, eat soup, watch movies about sex, drugs and rock and roll, and watch Shakespeare (the good kind).
We asked for your submissions and you obliged. Many were predictably obtuse and pointless. Most, actually. But there were a handful worthy of thoughtful response.
He can change the team colors of his shirt and tie, but Steve Alford’s reptilian scales will always lie underneath.
Too many have forgotten exactly what Alford did in the aftermath of that incident in Iowa City on September 6, 2002.
Did you know that America’s first planetarium is right here in our own backyard? Max Adler, a Chicago business leader, founded the planetarium in 1930. And since then, the center has been a recognized leader in science education…
Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
Despite the popularity of the clichéd, post-victory cry, nobody really “shocks the world.”
Poem the News — Poetry about the news?! Are you MAD?! POETRY AND THE NEWS DON’T GO TOGETHER. You’re crazy! Yes, reader, yes I am. I am crazy. Read these poems. The submit your own.
The Chicago Cultural Center seems to be the little unknown gem in the city that is constantly upstaged by the world-renowned museums and Millennium Park across the street. But hidden within its walls are some amazing things that make it the stunning Chicago landmark that it is.
#SNOWBRAWL2013 is the most epic-est of snowball fights that will ever take place ever in the history of history. Put on your coat, some gloves, maybe some protective gear, and show up, friend. If you don’t, you just might regret not going for the rest of your miserable life.
Poem the News is exactly what it sounds like: reader-submitted poems based on CBS news stories. Submit your own?
Survivor is coming back to CBS this week for its 26th season and its bringing back a few familiar faces.
Some of the Paterno Report findings are shocking, and may radically alter the way in which many have viewed the case, and the legacy of a legendary coach:
The image of legendary Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino has taken a hit.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!