The Chicago Cultural Center seems to be the little unknown gem in the city that is constantly upstaged by the world-renowned museums and Millennium Park across the street. But hidden within its walls are some amazing things that make it the stunning Chicago landmark that it is.
#SNOWBRAWL2013 is the most epic-est of snowball fights that will ever take place ever in the history of history. Put on your coat, some gloves, maybe some protective gear, and show up, friend. If you don’t, you just might regret not going for the rest of your miserable life.
Poem the News is exactly what it sounds like: reader-submitted poems based on CBS news stories. Submit your own?
Survivor is coming back to CBS this week for its 26th season and its bringing back a few familiar faces.
Some of the Paterno Report findings are shocking, and may radically alter the way in which many have viewed the case, and the legacy of a legendary coach:
The image of legendary Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino has taken a hit.
The Ravens came out of a three-game losing streak to make it to the big game in The Big Easy. December started off rough for the Ravens with consecutive losses to the Steelers, Redskins and Broncos. But as fate would have it, their lowest point became a turning point.
L’ Patron, a new, Logan Square taco joint, is more than “just another Mexican restaurant” in a neighborhood filled with them — it’s amazing.
Presented here to help you do that is a field guide based on my observations of every holiday party I have attended since 1995. These are some ideas for what not to be.
Slam. Click. That’s the Bears’ much-discussed championship window, closed and locked. Sealed until further notice.
CBS, home of Super Bowl XLVII, will create CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square in the heart of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, La., to serve as the CBS Corporation’s central broadcast center. […]
The Who will play NYC’s Madison Square Garden on the night of the nominations concert.
David Letterman’s “stupid human tricks” and Top 10 lists are being vaulted into the ranks of cultural acclaim as the late-night comedian receives this year’s Kennedy Center Honors with rock band Led Zeppelin and three other artists.
It’s been a while since we’ve had an “everybody sucks” game.
Justin Bieber leads the way with most individual nominations with five music nods. Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine is also a top nod earner with six in both music and television (“The Voice”).
First of all, it was not my idea, it was my friend’s. However, find a skydiving deal on a site like Livingsocial. We found our deal on Livingsocial for $139 for one tandem skydive. Great Lakes said that probably 90 percent of their business comes from deals like the one we found…
Listen, I won’t be talking about bars that will keep you up-to-date with the poll statistics as you slowly sip on a glass of pinot WHO-THE-HECK-CARES (a nice vintage wine). The bars below are bars you can go to and drink so much you’ll forget that there are elections or, heck, even presidents. If you were looking for a place you could talk politics with the other patrons, then leave now. This is not the article for you. If you feel like you need a place to hide, then I know a few spots for you…
Jaywalking? That’s kids play for you. You’d break any law if you felt like it. You’d park in a no parking zone, litter, why, you’d probably even skip jury duty.
And the music! It’s got a classic pop beat that makes forces you to tap your foot, whether you want to or not. Yet, at the same time, its repetitious beats also make you want to hit the streets and attack every person who comes near you — scratching at faces, kicking groins, biting people if you need to. This is the perfect feeling for a Halloween song.
The first thing the bartender asked me after I walked into Owen & Engine was if I wanted the Tuesday burger special: a burger, beer and shot of bourbon. It’s as if he looked into my soul and instantly knew I was both a glutton and an alcoholic at the same time…
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!