If you have to be at the Criminal Court building at 26th and California today, you’re advised to leave your cellphone at home or in your car.
Authorities in Indiana have busted a prison inmate for a second time for allegedly running a drug ring from his cell.
Beginning Jan. 14, cell phones will be banned for most people at Cook County courthouses. Sheriff Tom Dart is concerned about the logistics of the policy shift.
CBS 2′s Pam Zekman looks into the case of a CTA train operator who was seen texting while running a moving train.
A former Elgin police officer has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for planting evidence at a crime scene.
Safety and government experts say they’re seeing more incidents in which people are injured or killed when they are walking while texting, talking on cell phones, or while listening to music. It’s called ”distracted walking,” and Chicagoans see plenty of it too.
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with robbery, after he allegedly snatched a woman’s cell phone at the Sheridan Red Line stop and got caught by two witnesses.
A man was beaten and critically injured early Monday in a fight in the heart of the Boystown nightlife strip.
A Hazel Crest woman stands charged with trying to slam her car into a bicycle police officer in downtown Chicago, after the officer tried to pull her over.
A statewide ban on cell phone use while driving could change your commute forever, but state Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago) says it won’t be happening yet.
If you’re driving in the city and plan to talk on your cell phone, you might want to think twice about whether to do it without a hands-free device.
How would you like to reduce your cell phone bill to $19 a month? We’re not talking a bargain basement plan. It includes unlimited voice, texting and data – on an Android smart phone, like this one. Of course, there’s a catch.
Another Northwestern University student was attacked by robbers for his cell phone overnight, in the third such incident in just the past few weeks on or near the Evanston campus.
A group of men beat a 41-year-old man to death over a cell phone at a bus stop on 79th Street over the weekend, in an attack that a neighbor called “senseless.”
Chicago Police are investigating the death of a man in his 40s who was beaten by a group early Sunday morning on the South Side.
A South Side man is accused of punching and trying to rob another man while standing on a platform in the Monroe Street Red Line subway stop early Wednesday.
The City Council has approved a ban on texting or using a handheld phone while riding your bicycle.
Seven teenagers have been charged in the mob beating and robbery of an 18-year-old man in Chinatown.
For anyone who may think he or she can text or use a cell phone and drive with no problem, think again.
A man who shares a famous name was arrested for allegedly trying to ransom a cell phone.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!