Following a three-month grace period, Cook County will begin phasing in a ban on cell phones and other Internet-capable electronic devices at courthouses next week, starting with the Leighton Criminal Court Building at 26th and California.
Monday was supposed to be the beginning of the no-cell phone policy, but on Friday the chief judge’s office said there would be a three-month grace period. Thus, perhaps, the confusion.
Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans says a major impetus for restricting cell phones is the activity of gang members, who have used cell phones to take pictures of witnesses. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The distraction techniques of the thieves are brazen, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A man took off with more than a hundred cells phones when he robbed a T-Mobile store at gunpoint in northwest suburban Elgin on Thursday – a crime captured on surveillance video.
Police are searching for a robber who has been targeting victims downtown and on the Near North Side in broad daylight in recent weeks.
Wednesday is the last day of NeoCon at the Merchandise Mart – the event where manufacturers show off everything for office interiors.
Drivers using O’Hare Airport’s 25,000 parking spaces might soon be able to use their cell phones to find empty spaces and credit cards to “pay on foot” before they exit, thanks to a technology upgrade in the works.
Nearly a dozen students from Vernon Hills High School were getting the word out to drivers Wednesday – school zones are no-cell phone zones in Illinois.
At the City Council meeting Wednesday, an alderman will propose police keep their hands off the controls of downtown cell phone signals during expected protests this spring.
Drug peddling and abuse are the focuses of an investigation underway at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire and authorities have been reading students’ text messages as part of the case.
A rash of robberies against delivery drivers has prompted Chicago police to warn restaurants about orders from cellular phones. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A misunderstanding has led to an earlier-than-planned implementation of a telecommunications tax in Channahon.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says residents might face a flood of robocalls to their cell phones if proposed legislation makes it through Washington.
Crime is up on the borders of the UIC campus, and Tuesday, campus police told students and staff that it is time to put the cell phones and iPods away and pay attention to what’s going on around them.
ith little oversight and scant record keeping, south suburban Country Club Hills aldermen have spent thousands of dollars on cell phone bills.
One of the nation’s largest cell phone providers is buying a smaller provider and it hopes to expand mobile broadband services to more of Illinois’ rural areas.
The City of Chicago wants you to help U.S. troops abroad keep in touch with their families.
There have been studies linking cell phones to cancer. But when the World Health Organization speaks, many listen.
Any parent with teenagers will tell you, their kids can’t get up in the morning. So, why are they always tired?
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 3 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 3 hours ago