Police say Cedar Park Cemetery in Calumet Park is getting hit hard by thieves looking to cash in on bronze grave markers. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A Cook County commissioner wants the county sheriff to take over some of the duties of burying indigent and unidentified people, after a backlog at the county morgue led to more than 300 bodies being stacked up at the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office earlier this year.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart says he is fed up, after yet another problem at a south suburban cemetery.
Eleven bodies that had been stockpiled at a suburban cemetery were put to rest Saturday under the supervision of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Two suburban teenagers are in hot water with the law, after police say boredom led them to ransack a Crystal Lake cemetery.
Another Burr Oak Cemetery employee has been linked to criminal activity in cemeteries, this time involving the theft of decorative urns.
A Cook County commissioner will propose at tomorrow’s board meeting that the county do a better job of burying the indigent and unidentifiable.
Cook County sheriff’s officials have found bodies stacked on top of each other – some buried eight at a time, at a south suburban cemetery.
omeone vandalized a Chicago cemetery over the weekend, tipping over several grave markers and monuments and pulling up several flags placed at the grave sites of veterans.
Three youths have been charged with vandalizing two northwest suburban cemeteries, after allegedly knocking over dozens of headstones over the Halloween weekend.
First, dozens of headstones were vandalized. Then, dozens of cars were smashed up in driveways all across McHenry. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!